banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First test run of my updated pedalboard at a gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First test run of my updated pedalboard at a gig.

I finished finalising my board. Alasdair, my friend (and guitar tech somewhat) kicked my ass during our solo lick trading, but I won because of simplicity in the first round.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: First test run of my updated pedalboard at a gig.

Few points:

-Overall pretty good, dug the spacey lead tone in voodoo child
    -If possible some quick editing would be good, cut out the first handful of minutes of nothing
    -Stop yelling at your bass player about the G note
    -I find it funny how your always 'finalizing' your pedal board.
    -Nobody 'won' the lick trading, it's all just a jam man!
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      Few points:

-Overall pretty good, dug the spacey lead tone in voodoo child
      -If possible some quick editing would be good, cut out the first handful of minutes of nothing
      -Stop yelling at your bass player about the G note
      -I find it funny how your always 'finalizing' your pedal board.
      -Nobody 'won' the lick trading, it's all just a jam man!
      I am finicky about how a song should start off, I wanted it to start off how CCR did it. Plus, these guys are familiar with my finickyness
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
        Plus, these guys are familiar with my finickyness
        Doesn't mean they like it. Wouldn't want your bandmates to feel disrespected and leave.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
          Doesn't mean they like it. Wouldn't want your bandmates to feel disrespected and leave.
          Right. Well this is just an open mic thing but I just like to see what I can do.
          Gear

Comment

Right. Well this is just an open mic thing but I just like to see what I can do.
            It doesn't matter. That's no reason to show disrespect. Is that how you feel? That because it's just open mic you can yell at them?
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
              It doesn't matter. That's no reason to show disrespect. Is that how you feel? That because it's just open mic you can yell at them?
              Not exactly. The reason I yelled was because I couldn't hear my vocals over the damn bass

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
              Gear

Comment

Not exactly. The reason I yelled was because I couldn't hear my vocals over the damn bass

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
                That is the kind of stuff that you work out in a rehearsal. Not in a live situation. It not only makes you look bad because you're yelling at your band members, it makes the whole band look unprofessional. If you play something wrong live, just stick it out. Mistakes happen. PA's happen. Rolling with it all is better than saying something onstage.
                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I am finicky about how a song should start off, I wanted it to start off how CCR did it.
                  Then you should be finicky about the entire song being played the correct way, which it was not. Y'all completely skipped the middle breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                    Then you should be finicky about the entire song being played the correct way, which it was not. Y'all completely skipped the middle breakdown.
                    The middle breakdrown wasn't enough. So I decided to can that and do a solo.
                    Gear

Comment

Bass player didn't yell at you for that, though, did he?
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Bass player didn't yell at you for that, though, did he?
                        No, because bass players are actually the learners in the band. still though, it was fun.
                        Gear

Comment

No, because bass players are actually the learners in the band. still though, it was fun.
                          If the Australian music scene is anything like the American one, good bass players are hard to come by. You need him way more than he needs you.
                          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

^ 10/10. Nathan, seriously man, most of us are trying to give you serious advise, stop being so defensive all the time.
                            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

And wait, did you bring a full band to an open mic night? That is frowned upon in these parts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              -Greg

Guitars:
                              2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                              2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                              2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                              Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Working...
                              X