Hello, I want to record guitar playing on my computer and need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I want to record guitar playing on my computer and need help please

I have looked on the internet and found too much for me to figure out. I have downladed recording programs but am not getting along with them very well. So what I need is a very simple dummies guide to start from the begining just recording my guitar into the computer I don't want to record into a digital amp program because I tried that and the sound and the slight delay didn't work. Where I want to get to after this first step is to beable to regord my guitar coming out of my amps speaker. Thank you.

Re: Hello, I want to record guitar playing on my computer and need help please

So to fix latency with the guitar going into a computer, download ASIO 4 All. If you want to just record from your amp, you need an interface and a microphone. I'd recommend something like the Scarlett's by Focusrite. A good mix is an SM 57 by Shure.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

While this is older, it still has some great information about the process, the software, and the gear. Latency is usually caused by the audio interface (or lack of) and non-ASIO drivers.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        While this is older, it still has some great information about the process, the software, and the gear. Latency is usually caused by the audio interface (or lack of) and non-ASIO drivers.
        Wow, that was a very good article.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I record with zero latency while shooting the video at the same time using an ancient Sony Vaio laptop with a generic Kubuntu linux. The key is to use all your hardware (USB audio interfaces, Cameras, computer, graphic card, etc...) efficiently.

Comment

Working...
          X