Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Song "Tear Me Down"

https://soundcloud.com/adamstenzel/tear-me-down

This one is short, so it shouldn't be too painful for too long. Unlike the last song I did where I tried dual-micing everything, I went took a more barebones approach on this one and used a single SM57 for guitars and vocals, bass was DI'd, and rhythm guitars during the solo were the only part I used a LD condenser so that it'd sound completely different from the lead guitar (with the idea being to not compete for the same frequencies). Guitar had a Custom in it (thanks Johnny the Kid) into a treble booster>Bassman Normal channel>open 2x12 double tracked panned L/R. I also tried to sing in a higher (for me) register for this one, just to experiment. It was really exhausting trying to double track it with minimal vocal comping. I also tried to avoid comping guitar/bass parts and vocal parts, because I was too lazy to bounce anything to bus tracks.

Let me know what you think: Anything that you like, anything you think sucked donkey balls, tips, feedback, etc. Thanks!

Re: New Song "Tear Me Down"

Guitar tones were very thin with no meat and chunk in the tones. Other than that it's a cool piece
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
    X