Intonation and action for a floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intonation and action for a floyd

I have a Sky Flying V with a floyd and bolt on neck. Once I can get the parts I need to start playing it again I want to set it up but I do not have the time or money to take it to a tech. Do you guys have any tips on setting up a guitar for someone who has never set it up before?

Re: Intonation and action for a floyd

This might be your best bet,,,,and then find some specific videos based off what he's saying you need to do at each stage.
    Be careful though because many people that make videos really have no business passing them off as tutorials.

Comment

Thank you, ill look into it when I get home

Comment

You're welcome.
        Also the guy from Floyd Upgrades does some videos in which he explains things at a snails pace.
        Last edited by dave74; 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

The funny thing is, I cannot find the manufacturer of this guitar so I do not really know its worth. The only indication is that is states SKY on the headstock.

Comment

I learned how to setup my Floyd Rose like, 10 years ago, off the suggested link from Ibanezrules.com

It's absolutely excellent. Just take your time and do things slowly. It will take a while to get the best setup since there's a learning curve to this, but you'll get it.
            It's not rocket science, but you'll get it.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
            X