banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happens when you look at old war photos and have synths on hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens when you look at old war photos and have synths on hand.

This was something I actually composed as a tribute to our fallen in Vietnam. I even had a sample of real Vietnam sounds in there, for some reason I cannot hear the radio chatter I added in but it is fine nonetheless.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: This is what happens when you look at old war photos and have synths on hand.

I hear some real potential in there... the synths set the mood pretty well and the effects are good too.

Here's a suggestion for you:

It's loooong! Nearly 8 minutes is a long time to sit and listen to music that doesn't do much changing. Either shorten it down (no more than a minute) and make it an intro to something else, or add video (or even a slideshow), thus giving the listener something to help them see the scenes you're painting with the music.

[emoji1303]
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Re: This is what happens when you look at old war photos and have synths on hand.

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
      I hear some real potential in there... the synths set the mood pretty well and the effects are good too.

Here's a suggestion for you:

It's loooong! Nearly 8 minutes is a long time to sit and listen to music that doesn't do much changing. Either shorten it down (no more than a minute) and make it an intro to something else, or add video (or even a slideshow), thus giving the listener something to help them see the scenes you're painting with the music.

[emoji1303]
      I wanted to keep the changes simple, as it's supposed to emulate a 1980's war flick soundtrack. Plus the ending is all the war sounds. The chord changes are C, F, and G. The JD-800 is such a powerful beast even samples of it still sound massive!
      Last edited by GuitarFanatic; 06-11-2017, 11:18 AM.
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
      Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
      Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

It is your project, but I agree with BriGuy on shortening it or changing it up a bit.

Are you thinking of putting this to pictures and uploading to YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          I wanted to keep the changes simple, as it's supposed to emulate a 1980's war flick soundtrack. Plus the ending is all the war sounds. The chord changes are C, F, and G. The JD-800 is such a powerful beast even samples of it still sound massive!
          Sync it up with a compilation of old war movie clips. Problem solved.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X