Preview of our upcoming album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview of our upcoming album

Please let me know what you think of the mix and everything. I hope you like it. Guitars were recorded with AMT SS-11b and MXR Modified Badass OD through Randall Thrasher power amp and Marshall 1960a cab.

Last edited by emilio; 06-23-2017, 12:39 PM. Reason: Video wouldn't play.
    Guitars:
    Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
    Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
    AMT SS-11B

Re: Preview of our upcoming album

Well the video won't play, so let's start with that
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      Well the video won't play, so let's start with that
      Same here, says an error occurred.

Comment

Lol. Sorry about that. Should work now.
        Guitars:
        Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:

Pedals:
        AMT SS-11B

Comment

Originally posted by emilio View Post
          Lol. Sorry about that. Should work now.
          That fixed it. Dig the guitars, the vocals are not my style but sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
            That fixed it. Dig the guitars, the vocals are not my style but sounds cool.
            I like his singer better than mine. I would take that guy any day. Sounds freaking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              I like his singer better than mine. I would take that guy any day. Sounds freaking great.

Comment

Thank you very much for listening. That meme with the kid was hilarious!
                Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                AMT SS-11B

Comment

Thanks dude. I'll post more a soon as I get it. We'll finish up in a few more weeks. What did you think of the mix?
                  Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                  AMT SS-11B

Comment

Here's my 2 cents:

- The mix itself is actually pretty good, pretty balanced. A Little mud going on in the low end / low mids. Common and hard to tackle. It's not overbearing though, still is clarity, just not as much as I'd like.
                    - I'm going to assume the drums are from T**ntrack, whether programmed or triggered. Nothing wrong with that and I actually like how you sat them as to not be too obvious, but those toms in the intro caught me
                    - I liked the arrangement at 1:30 that added the added guitar and vocal. I think the tone should be changed up on the guitar to make it sit different as it's a bit clouded in there, but maybe that's just me.
                    - My biggest gripe is the tightness in spots. There are many spots where the guitars are not with each other, or the drums, 0:18 being a good example of this.

Overall though it's good

Comment

- How would I add clarity to the low end?
                      - Drums were actually tracked live along with everyone else. We basically recorded everything at the same time like band practice, except for the solos and vocals. This time that we head in, we will track separately and address those timing issues. I completely agree that we weren't always "there".

Thank you very much for your comments!
                      Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                      AMT SS-11B

Comment

It's a constant struggle, and since I don't know what you've done so far its hard to say. Start by high passing the guitars, doesn't have to be super audible, but to help clear up some of the buildup.

Drums: Well in that case koodos on the drum sound (unless it was triggered after?). And tracking live together is awesome, so +1 on that as well. Putting that into consideration changes the perspective a bit. Timing issues still, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with an overdub (once again, depending on how everything was laid out).

Looking forward to hearing more

Comment

No triggers. Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll post some more once it's ready.
                          Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                          AMT SS-11B

Comment

Sounds good, and feel free to share what you did to the drums (both micing and mixing)

Comment

Working...
                            X