• Show
Clear All

• Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

It's coming Saturday

I've 4 gigs of Ram in my HPTouchSmart 610 Window 10 64 bit -

¿ Will it bog down with only 4 gigs ?

EZ :

HR
    Last edited by Hurricane; 07-03-2017, 06:23 PM.
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Oh man, Its going to run terrible.....just send it to me.

J/K You'll probably be fine.

Comment

4GB will be fine for tracking and light mixing but hold off on the plugins or it will become a hog; best thing to do bounce in place with any plugins as you go, save each version as you progress in case you need to revert. Don't be afraid to commit, DAWs tend to give everyone decision paralysis!

You should up your machine to 8GB as soon as you can if it will handle 16GB.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
        Oh man, Its going to run terrible.....just send it to me.

J/K You'll probably be fine.

¡ What a Pal !

EZ :

HR
        It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
          4GB will be fine for tracking and light mixing but hold off on the plugins or it will become a hog; best thing to do bounce in place with any plugins as you go, save each version as you progress in case you need to revert. Don't be afraid to commit, DAWs tend to give everyone decision paralysis!
          You should up your machine to 8GB as soon as you can if it will handle 16GB.

TwilightOdyssey:

I was thinking maybe getting a ipad or mac lap top , I guess 16 G of ram is cheaper .
          I had a mac , some how my son managed to find the only online game with a mac virus then at that time
          , left it useful as a brick .

I'm having my iphone fixed , the 6i6 can be controlled by the iphone wirelessly , that is a huge plus for the
          unit . I am like a kid waiting for it . Screen popped off and it's a cheap fix . The IOS stuff is a flat out mind blower .

I've been writing songs for about two month's on an inspiration , they keep coming up and give me subject matter
          , the timing is almost surreal .

If Ableton works out with the bundled software I'll stay with that as my DAW . I saw a video of the Launch Pad Midi
          controller using Ableton to trigger midi lighting / video and sound , I really liked how they used a Source Audio Hot Hand 3
          with it's USB dongle to control the recording/FX Triggering/Control , editing process as well as performing live show
          events . I have a HH3 !

For a midi controller I'm using my Roland GR33 guitar synth module . I'm triggering the synth with a Godin LGXSA , this ought to
          be interesting . I know some motion pictures and video game makers use Roland guitar synths for the sound tracks in many popular video action
          games .

Thanks

HR
          Last edited by Hurricane; 07-03-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I use a Mac Mini with 16GB of memory. It is a dedicated music only machine.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X