Celluloid picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celluloid picks

Everybody knows the basic Fender celluloid picks. I start this by saying I don't particularly like them (better than nylon, but I'd take Tortex over them).

I've been using Fire & Stone brand celluloid picks for a couple of years and really like them: They are stiffer and lack the usual flappyness of Fender celluloids, but are still softer, which is great tone-wise.

Now my source has dried and I've tried to order new celluloid picks. Already got a pack of Boston picks, then Curt Mangan brand, and they're all just like those Fender picks.

Why they are different? I haven't found any info about that from internet. Looking the appearance they even look different!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire and Stone 523864.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	5848357

Name:	7132XMA+IML._SY450_.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	5848358

Name:	index.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	5848359

Ignore the color and look at the pattern: In Fire & Stone it seems to be just the material that looks "folded in" (they always look exactly like that), where as "Fender type" picks are obviously colored.

Any idea what is the actual difference? Is there any brand I should look at for same quality picks?
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Working...
X