X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpaterson
    replied
    Re: Friendly Solo Contest 2

Dude... I dunno what new toy that is... But I sure do hope it has a warranty...

And if you’re saying this is better than your first version (which I don’t see on this thread but it is on your SoundCloud channel)... Sorry to break the bad news to you... But no it ain’t!!! LOL!!!

P.S.

I assume it’s an Octave pedal or something???
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-25-2019, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

I got a new toy. Really fun thing

Took couple of test runs with it.

Last edited by Jacew; 02-25-2019, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
    LOL good answer

Sorry I just saw this thread let me see what I can do

Some neat takes on it so far, good job folks
    FINALLY!!! LOL!!!

I've just been killing time 'til you got here (as I'm sure you'll see from the content of at least two of my posts on this thread)!!! LOL!!!

Now where's that @Aceman??? LOL!!!

And where is the OP??? The list of submissions needs to be updated. Might be the only time I ever see my name in lights!!! LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
    You just need to get it in sometime before the Internet expires.
    LOL good answer

Sorry I just saw this thread let me see what I can do

Some neat takes on it so far, good job folks
    Last edited by Wattage; 02-25-2019, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    No excuses. And no sympathy!!! LOL!!! My contribution took thirteen days at between four and six hours per day. And it's not done yet. But I was starting pretty much from scratch i.e. you already have the chops. I had to work that thing out note-by-note to fit stuff in that "sounded" right (because I don't know my guitar SCALES or THEORY) (he says tongue in cheek)!!!
    Didn't meant it as excuse and don't need no sympathy Just responding that it's not that serious

I think many don't participate these because they don't have time to focus for it and don't want to post something that's not "their level".

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
    All my contribution in tips and clips have been improvisation with one or two takes

I really need to invest time to post something actually practiced...
    No excuses. And no sympathy!!! LOL!!! My contribution took thirteen days at between four and six hours per day. And it's not done yet. But I was starting pretty much from scratch i.e. you already have the chops. I had to work that thing out note-by-note to fit stuff in that "sounded" right (because I don't know my guitar SCALES or THEORY) (he says tongue in cheek)!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Don't think of it as a contest. More an exhibition.
    And if someone doesn't like what you do, they can go hang.
    I (perfectionist that I am) still think that it's better to try and fail, then to not try at all.
    Besides, in a hundred years or so, you won't care whether or not what you did was good or bad.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    All my contribution in tips and clips have been improvisation with one or two takes

I really need to invest time to post something actually practiced...

Leave a comment:

• Archer250
    replied

Having a re-listening right now, yeah the 22nd fret has always been a problem for me with that guitar. The neck joint is just so thick I can't wrap my hands around it, so that tends to happen.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

As far as criticism is concerned: as I said yesterday it needs to be constructive is all. And could even point out something that maybe wasn’t noticed before. In your case: because of the very high notes at that point it may not even be your solo or playing i.e. could be an intonation problem on that particular guitar (something that I discovered myself when doing my solo). See what I mean???

Leave a comment:

• Archer250
    replied

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    Dude!!! When I was saying to submit something I didn’t mean for you to be showing me up!!! LOL!!!

Very good. You sure got some chops going there.

Only one real criticism and that is that something goes “off” for a very few seconds starting at just about 0:54.

But great. Good on you. Now why don’t you (and others that may be lurking here) take a look at @LLL’s “Hearing Aid” (LOL!!!) thread???
    I'll give it a look, thanks!

Also, thanks for the criticism! It's always good and healthy to have criticism in order to grow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]96245[/ATTACH]

This is my personal cell phone. I'd post but I don't have the means to simultaneously play the track and record at the same time.
    Hmmm, maybe I should just wing it without the backing track.
    Go for it. Quality of recording etc. not on show here.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
    Alright. Here's my submission. 3 guitars for a 3-part solo with 2 extra tracks overlaid over certain parts.

EDIT: Reuploaded

Dude!!! When I was saying to submit something I didn’t mean for you to be showing me up!!! LOL!!!

Very good. You sure got some chops going there.

Only one real criticism and that is that something goes “off” for a very few seconds starting at just about 0:54.

But great. Good on you. Now why don’t you (and others that may be lurking here) take a look at @LLL’s “Hearing Aid” (LOL!!!) thread???

Leave a comment:

• PS412
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_200418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	5813039

This is my personal cell phone. I'd post but I don't have the means to simultaneously play the track and record at the same time.
    Hmmm, maybe I should just wing it without the backing track.

Leave a comment:

• Archer250
    replied

Alright. Here's my submission. 3 guitars for a 3-part solo with 2 extra tracks overlaid over certain parts.

EDIT: Reuploaded

Last edited by Archer250; 02-23-2019, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Here. Remembered what it was and I found it. Cheesy as it may have been when you first heard it when you were young: very surprising at just how apt and meaningful it becomes the older you get.

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-23-2019, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X