replied
    Re: Friendly Solo Contest 2

I like the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Is that with the Invaders? They sound great!
    Thanks. Yip. Well: bridge Invader anyway i.e. have not installed the neck Invader as yet. And no tone pot (will decide on this when I install the neck Invader). Also just through an amp. sim. (JamVOX) i.e. not through my amps. (figured I'd work out what I want to do first and when it's right I'll start annoying the neighbors again!!! LOL!!!). Will never bother with anything else i.e. Invaders all the way. Matter of fact: my black Jackson is now back to being my absolute favorite by far. Even my white Jackson (Basswood/Maple) now back in second place!!! LOL!!! The Invader never ceases to amaze me i.e. it's so articulate in spite of its reputation for being omnipotent and overbearing. And it makes that DM SD sound like a cheap copy of a Jackson stock pickup made in China (in this guitar anyway)!!! LOL!!! Hell. With the Invader I've even managed to get a listenable tone out of Amplitube 4 and that's saying something!!! LOL!!! Even started inching out of my comfort zone (Marshall) and exploring the Mesa Boogie tones (and that type of stuff). And through my amps.??? Pure heaven.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    Well. Here it is. Two weeks. 223 Takes. And counting...

I always get chastised for including my "crowd" with my music but say what you like: it adds a certain ambiance which just "does it" for me. But neverthless, and to this end, I've included both versions i.e. the "live" version (crowd) and the "studio" version (no crowd).

It's not done. Only today did I finally decide on the final "arrangement" and was able to "fit" all of the bits and pieces together into something (almost) flowing and, dare I say, melodic i.e. it's really surprising just how many different possible variations there are on the exact same theme and this in just a 2 min. clip. Needs some tidying up a bit so gimme another week and another 100 takes and it'll be perfect!!! LOL!!! But: at least good enough to upload to get input from my esteemed forum friends and associates!!!

Anybody care to tell me what scales and keys I'm playing (he says tongue in cheek!!! LOL!!!).
    Is that with the Invaders? They sound great!

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Well. Here it is. Two weeks. 223 Takes. And counting...

I always get chastised for including my "crowd" with my music but say what you like: it adds a certain ambiance which just "does it" for me. But neverthless, and to this end, I've included both versions i.e. the "live" version (crowd) and the "studio" version (no crowd).

It's not done. Only today did I finally decide on the final "arrangement" and was able to "fit" all of the bits and pieces together into something (almost) flowing and, dare I say, melodic i.e. it's really surprising just how many different possible variations there are on the exact same theme and this in just a 2 min. clip. Needs some tidying up a bit so gimme another week and another 100 takes and it'll be perfect!!! LOL!!! But: at least good enough to upload to get input from my esteemed forum friends and associates!!!

Anybody care to tell me what scales and keys I'm playing (he says tongue in cheek!!! LOL!!!).
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-16-2019, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dpaterson
    replied

Oy. The list of submissions needs to be updated (or are you just waiting for me?? LOL???).

Quite surprised at the lack of submissions given the number of members there are on these forums. To date it’s pretty much only a few of “the usual suspects” (and I mean that in a nice way I assure you) that have contributed.
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

That's cool.
    Judge with your ears.
    I think that what made me stay away from the Eagle was that it was only rated at 75 watts.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Yeah, that's the usual pairing & it sounds killer, but the screamin' eagle, which does'nt really seem to be a that great sounding a speaker on it's own (I think it's even discontinued?) works really well in that cab...

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Eminence recommends pairing the Texas Heat with the Swamp Thang. Now I understand why.
    Not to mention that they are each rated at 150 watts RMS.
    Which makes my 2x12 a 300 watt cab.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

I'd really like to pick up a Swamp thang someday ..killer speakers. A guy I know has a fantastic sounding 2x12 with one of them paired with a 'Screamin Eagle I think it was

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

My Schecter Blackjack (A459n/RCUOA5JB) into my Spidervalve out through my vented closed back 2X12 with a Texas Heat/Swamp Thang combo. The preset was called "Black", and consisted of a jumped Plexi model with a simulated Chandler Tube Drive in front. Some sort of hybrid digital/analog chorus (when used) along with a tape delay sim (tap tempo). Recorded with my Zoom H4, one condenser about 6' back and a dynamic mic on the Swamp Thang close up.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Yeah, it works. Was that your spider valve?

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

I was particularly fond of the delay.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Sweet! Nice bit of shredding at the end there

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Ok. I think that I'm done screwing around with this one. Here it is. https://soundcloud.com/demanic-1/sey...ad-track-vs-20

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    What gear were you using on the recording? I kind of like the basic cleanish tone you were getting . . . but yeah, a little 'verb or delay wouldn't have been out of place. :P
    Strat Middle SSL-5 to Egnater Rebel 20 with G12H.

I actually had reverb there, but turned it down because it sounded excessive. Only realized later on it wasn't reverb in earlier recording, but the fact I had forgot to dial out monitors when recording causing the effect...

Haven't been recording with this cab before and not really digging tones I was getting. I need to revisit this in sunday if I have time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X