banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to the conclusion that the pros have more than a 1 grand mic/interface

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Re: I've come to the conclusion that the pros have more than a 1 grand mic/interface

Listen to "isolation tracks" of well known recordings. They are great examples of what a good solo guitar sound in a living room vs a good on a recording sound is. I'll say I'm not a fan of the bass strings sound on your recoding. Too soft/mushy. But as said, that's a potential eq/compression issue. It would disappear in a mix I'd think.

I had some idiot at a show one night telling me we needed to scoop the mids on the guitars. Yeah - that would have sounded awesome with the bass & drums thumping away...Dumb@$$.

Leave a comment:

• DankStar
    replied
    Re: I've come to the conclusion that the pros have more than a 1 grand mic/interface

You’re comparing apples and oranges. I was waiting for your drums and bass to kick in. Your guitars sound OK but they are just by themselves and not in stereo. Keep in mind their track was fully mastered and then remastered so even their original would sound a bit weak today in comparison with something a kid can do on his phone.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

The's a whole art form to recording stuff. Mic placement, compressor usage, EQing and mixing. Then there's the whole aspect of knowing how to dial sounds from amps and tune drums so that they all sit right in the mix for a particular song. Then there's the fact that it's much easier to record good sounds from musicians at the top of their game.

I've heard very talented guys record entire albums with SM57s and cheap mic pres, and have it sound great. Most of the time I've blamed gear in the past, it has turned out to be something that I was doing wrong. Not the gear. :P

Leave a comment:

• I've come to the conclusion that the pros have more than a 1 grand mic/interface

Wtf. How do I get pro sound?? This was in the 80s.

Compare to my measly demo which I'm content with. But it doesn't friggin sound perfect like theirs.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 12-07-2019, 09:12 AM.
Working...
X