Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demanic
    replied
    Sounds great. I love the rythm section. The guitar parts are flawless. Vocals do the job.
    The guitar tone though. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds a little too perfect. Maybe a bit more gain to where it's just on the edge of getting out of control.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    I've attempted it with the Plexi model, but didn't have much luck. I tried with the 5150, and I could get closer, but obviously not there.

If you're really interested, I'm sure there are YouTube vids where they go more in-depth about how to get that tone from the Helix. I just know the surface-level stuff about his tone, TBH.
    I'm sure there is a patch I can download, if not many...

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    By the way - that was done with my Zoom G3N.

I have not discovered a VH setting on my Pod Go, but I bet there is one and that it is awesome!
    I've attempted it with the Plexi model, but didn't have much luck. I tried with the 5150, and I could get closer, but obviously not there.

If you're really interested, I'm sure there are YouTube vids where they go more in-depth about how to get that tone from the Helix. I just know the surface-level stuff about his tone, TBH.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied

Because you thought the guitar was that good? LOL - thanks for having to ask!

It was a VH backing track.
    Ohhhhh, then I feel like a dumbass, LOL. So the guitars is what you did?

Yeah, my comments still apply on those. Disregard everything I said about the vocals and the bass, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

I have not discovered a VH setting on my Pod Go, but I bet there is one and that it is awesome!
    IMHO still need to discover one on the Zoom G3N also. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Is this one plagiarized?
    Because you thought the guitar was that good? LOL - thanks for having to ask!

It was a VH backing track.
    Last edited by Aceman; 03-21-2023, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Is this one plagiarized?
    Like, you thought it was all original?

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Time to take it full circle and do “Runnin with the Baceman”.

”BAAAM BAAAM BAAAM BAAAAM!”

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Is this one plagiarized?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Not all Rex. Again, just for context;

I'm excited I can use the Zoom straight in a backing track on GB and get this close.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied
    Rhythm playing was solid. Not spot-on, but very good. Lead could've been done better. My first advice is don't rush recording. Never. Some people are prodigies who record single takes. Most of us aren't. Take your time, and get your best playing down. First step in a good production is getting a solid perfomance.

Guitar tone is slightly underwhelming. It's not bad. It's just aiming too high to go for probably the most sought-after tone of all times with modest recording gear. Slightly stuffy in the mids, kinda dark, and maybe a bit too much gain. Not sure if it's too much gain or just the character of the gain you're using, but what I can tell you for sure is it's missing that Eddie GRIND to the top-end.

I didn't think the guitars are too loud, but they are slightly fighting the vocals at times because they are so mid-forward. I know we've been sold on the notion that "you need mids to cut through a mix" nowadays, but honestly, I find in a recording, knowing where to scoop the mids in a guitar tone leads to better results. Especially when letting vocals and snares breathe. So right now, I do think they're not sitting perfectly in the mix. At least as far as going for the original's tone goes.

I find the vocals slightly too loud too. Liked the producton on them, though. I don't 100% remember if the harmonies in the chrous are supposed to be that loud in the original, but if it were my own production, I'd try some bus compression in those parts.

Bass tone is good, and works well in the mix. I just think if you're going for the original, you want a little bit more grind in the high-mids as well. Not much, though.

I hope I didn't come off as a dick. I also made it sound way worse than it actually is. It's not half bad, honestly! I'm trying to be constructive, but straight-forward and direct as well.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-20-2023, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    So it was a Zoom G3. Ok. I have to believe a Zoom can get closer than that to the original tone, though. I've been able to get more in the ballpark of a number of amps (Hiwatt, Marshall, Orange, etc.) with my Zoom MS50G. Usually it takes combining things you wouldn't expect to get there, like in order to make a Marshall SL100 plexi sound, I have to use either an Orange model or Sound City model and change the cab model from greenbacks to Vintage30 models or something else, then play with EQs or other settings to get there.

Boy, wasn't that worth the wait. (Yeah, that's sarcasm.)
    Like I said - there is a preset, I used it. It was ok without doing anything. I haven't even begun to consider the pickups.

Wait until I put the Bad Monkey in the chain!

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    So it was a Zoom G3. Ok. I have to believe a Zoom can get closer than that to the original tone, though. I've been able to get more in the ballpark of a number of amps (Hiwatt, Marshall, Orange, etc.) with my Zoom MS50G. Usually it takes combining things you wouldn't expect to get there, like in order to make a Marshall SL100 plexi sound, I have to use either an Orange model or Sound City model and change the cab model from greenbacks to Vintage30 models or something else, then play with EQs or other settings to get there.

Boy, wasn't that worth the wait. (Yeah, that's sarcasm.)

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    bump in case, or for Beau to respond a couple of years later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X