Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for online lessons. Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for online lessons. Recommendations?

Im trying to overcome three decades of bad habits and learn to do things right. Do I have a chance? Can online lessons help me? Is there anything out there you can vouch for?
    Eighteen guitars, but where is the music?

Re: Looking for online lessons. Recommendations?

Pmed you.

Comment

If I were to do online lessons I’d do Steve Stine (guitar zoom). I use free stuff I find from him a lot. I imagine the pay stuff is even more thorough.

https://guitarzoom.com/shop

He’s clear in his explanations, stays on topic, and is a killer player. On top of that he seems like a kind/real person.
      Last edited by DankStar; 07-19-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I have never taken lessons but now I am thinking about it as well. I am hoping to find a traditional setting, but online could be interesting. I never thought about that option...

I want to connect all the dots to realize my full potential as a player, but I am not quite ready to start lessons yet. I am just contemplating if it would be beneficial to me.
        Soundcloud

Comment

I mostly want pre-recorded lessons made for a mass audience so I don’t have to waste a real person’s time.
          Eighteen guitars, but where is the music?

Comment

For the most detailed analysis of picking I've ever encountered, check out the Cracking the Code website and forum. I've never seen someone scientifically investigate the biomechanics of picking like these guys.
            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              For the most detailed analysis of picking I've ever encountered, check out the Cracking the Code website and forum. I've never seen someone scientifically investigate the biomechanics of picking like these guys.
              The episode with Michael Angelo Batio was a HUGE eyeopener for me. Worked on the two-way pick slanting stuff they talk about there and while I am far from perfect, it really does work.

Also, a bit more on-topic:

I've had a good experience with Udemy. Not sure if you're looking for theory or technique, but I'm sure the place has both. I signed up for a theory course and got access to a huge amount of pre-recorded lessons with a cool teacher, homework assignment sheets and the possibility to interact with the teacher and other students. This was my first such experience and it turned out to be a cool one.

Since then I looked around at jamplay, which is kinda OK, but it really caters to the fanboys than anything else in my experience:my obsession with Dave Davidson lead me there ( ) and for the most part what I got out of it was a one-on-one feeling, straight from the horse's mouth tutorial on some Revocation songs. Some useful lessons though. Also, Colin Sapp's Inside out guitar site/channel has some real valuable content and he does free livestream masterclasses from time and again, I believe he is worth checking out too.
              Last edited by nexion218; 07-20-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Of course, you have. It depends on you.
                Good luck...

Comment

Working...
                X