banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Cort axe I just bought for $100 passes the ultimate test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Cort axe I just bought for $100 passes the ultimate test...

NGD...just drove across town in the middle of yet another "lockdown" (lol....talk about flogging a dead horse...) avoiding a bunch of police checkposts etc. to pick this one up for the princely equivalent of $100 (making it my cheapest axe ever....and I do have some cheap ones!).

Also my third Cort axe to date...

But does it shred????

Mooer GE300 (My Randall T2 'Tone Capture' patch):

Hell yeah.... It ****ing does

This thing plays like butter..no buzz/sharp or uneven frets, nice low (not stupidly low) action, a lovely neck, very decent sounding PU's, killer tone & it looks fantastic (to me)...

The dude who sold it bought it new and never learnt to play...it's in mint condition. All I did was change the original cruddy strings...

...and last but not least it reminded me of this guy

Think the only thing I might do at some point is throw in a set of FOCKIN zebra "Hot Breeze" pickups I have lying atound...but I'm in no hurry the way it sounds plays right now
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 07-21-2020, 09:33 AM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Sweet Cort axe I just bought for $100 passes the ultimate test...

That was a tapping frenzy lol! Killer deal

Comment

Don't change the pups

Comment

Yeah, not going to change them for a while at least..they sound damn good in there..

@ Dank: Thanks! These X series Cort's are excellent underrated shredder's even the really cheap ones ...very nicely put together too ..sturdy hardware etc.

Did another vid just for perspective/comparison (& the more shred the merrier lol) ..this is my old X6 SA with Blackouts (n+m) & a Blackouts Metal bridge...same Mooer GE300 patch/settings..

While the Blackouts Metal is active & obviously a fair bit hotter-even w/o the onboard boost engaged...that "Powersound" stock pup up there in the new axe compares pretty damn well I think..sounds cool as **** actually

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Cort make great guitars, and often for other companies like PRS.

I have a Cort made Parker P-38. It’s my main stage guitar.

I’ve changed the pickups, but the stock ones were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet axe! Not had too much experience with Parkers..but the couple I've played were awesome playing/sounding guitars. I even gassed for one for a while, but then they shut shop..

Yeah Cort builds for a bunch of guitar companies Dean, Ltd, Ibanez, PRS SE's, Squire's and many more...(apparently Parker too!). They do put some pretty decent stock pup's in their guitar's and they're always built solid.

Gotta say..I love my Cort's

Youtube

Comment

Love the graphic on that guitar! Nice find!!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks!

...and it's a player too!

Just for kicks here's the neck pup in action (same clip/patch/settings)...also very nice.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X