A sound clip of me playing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sound clip of me playing...

ok well i am nervous as heck to put this here.
    i started playing guitar for about a year or so then quit for over 5 years, back in nov 04 i started again.

this is a clip of
    my ec strat
    my hot rod deluxe
    with a ts7 that i did some mod work to.

Again I have only been back at it like 7 months or so now so it isnt great but I figured I would try to get some feedback here. Some of you guys are so good i feel a little intimidated...

Here it goes:
    Blues/Rock
    This one is the agile with me using my fingers/thumb to play instead of pick
    "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Re: A sound clip of me playing...

it was good man..... could use a little work on getting the bends up to the right notes in the beginning, and just have a looser feel, but that just might be my opinion, i just feels a little too calculated (with the blues licks etc).... but otherwise, it was good......the tone was nice and smooth, and good vibes

im just offering some tips where i can, its good man, don't take anything i said too seriously...i just typed anything that came to mind
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
      it was good man..... could use a little work on getting the bends up to the right notes in the beginning, and just have a looser feel, but that just might be my opinion, i just feels a little too calculated (with the blues licks etc).... but otherwise, it was good......the tone was nice and smooth, and good vibes

im just offering some tips where i can, its good man, don't take anything i said too seriously...i just typed anything that came to mind

no no dude its cool...
      like i said, that is what i need.
      i know this will sound like stupid and cheesy to say but i have a friend i jam with and he tells me all the time i sound way better in person u know.

what is a good way to practice bends?
      i know that is something i need to work on for sure.
      i really dont feel like i am getting better but people at like music stores tell me things u know unsolicited and i am like ok cool.. u know but i dont hear it u know what i mean

Comment

a good way to practice whole step bends for me is to play on the third string and bend it till it reaches the note on the second string. like a bend on the 7th fret to the 9th fret note on the third string should be the same note as the 7th fret note on the second string. and the same for the second string and first string, except this is 3 frets apart instead of two. like, a bend from the 7th fret to the 9th fret on the second string should be the same note as played on the fourth fret of the first string. play till they match and practice till u can get it to that note every time.
        [SIZE=1]Guitars:
        Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
        Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
        Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
        Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
        Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

That's some pretty good jammin' for 7 months!

The bends weren't tooo bad
          A few choons

Comment

I too played for a few years took a number of years off and am back playing...first off I think besides missing a few bends etc you have a nice "feel" with some nice pauses in your phrasing. One thing I'm learning that really spices some things up a bit in the simple blues progression is using the "drop down 3" (same patterns 3 frets down) blues/pentatonic trick to flavor some major sounds...also hitting a few mixo or dorian sounds but keeping it mostly blues can add a bit of spice...but this is being picky as overall I think you sounded nice with a good authentic bluesy feel...heck you may even get me to work up the nerve to post something....

Comment

Keep it up man!
              Nice jamming and a nice warm sound as well

Comment

You like the blues? Who do you listen to?

Very cool man, you capture the vibe and soul of blues well, for 7months man, WOW!, keep at it, Great job

Ty
                Guitars:
                G&L Legacy Special
                Amps:
                Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
                Effects:
                Keeley Compressor, FulltoneFulldrive II, TC Electronics Nova Delay

Comment

a big thank you to everyone.

i am trying to learn different scales now, and how to use them when and where, i got this guitar grimoire dvd but it is pretty darn intense and i need the stupid book hahaa..

i listen to really all kinds of music. mostly srv, hendrix & a lot of Gilmour but i listen to guns n roses, aerosmith, pearl jam a lot, clapton etc.. I go thru phases you know... i do not listen to much heavy metal as I do not have alot... also some alice in chains lately to

i have other clips, i think i am getting together with this guy i jam with this weekend and i want to record us live some.

anyway back to practice...

Comment

Working...
                  X