X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scales Pentatonic Major/Minor/????

Ok
    I am new, I am learning.
    I know the 5 positions of the pentatonic minor scale which seem to be basically the blues scale but with a few notes added in the case of the blues scale.

now, the pentatonic major appears to be just the minor positions but in different order.

am i on the right track?

also how does one know when to use which?

i dont even want to get started on those other odd named things i am having a tough time just with these hehe
    "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Re: Scales Pentatonic Major/Minor/????

ok, well, major & minor pentatonic have a very different vibe for them. Minor pentatonic is pretty much the standard for rock

so, if you like rock, i'd definately master minor first

I'm trying that right now, learning lots of social distortion solos, and it's helping
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Re: Scales Pentatonic Major/Minor/????

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
      ok, well, major & minor pentatonic have a very different vibe for them. Minor pentatonic is pretty much the standard for rock

so, if you like rock, i'd definately master minor first

I'm trying that right now, learning lots of social distortion solos, and it's helping

OK cool, I can pretty much play it pretty good up and down the neck, I am still working on tying it together but I do have the 5 Patterns or Positions or whatever they are called memorized.

I just don't know how to tell whether a song is a Major or Minor pent etc...

So much to learn
      "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Comment

Working...
      X