• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex222
    replied
    Re: General Tone Tips

Originally posted by Kommerzbassist View Post
    Where can I get those and hpw do theylook like?

At least if they don't have a true-bypass switch more info here (a switch that takes the effect completely out of the line by bypassing it physically)
    Thanks, it good idea

Leave a comment:

• Lennystyle
    replied

Hola friends, need advise. I connected my guitar to a computer and I want to find a cool game like the Hero of a Guitar. There is something in mind, but I do not know what to download. Thank you in advance)Click image for larger version

Name:	загружено.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	5813332

Leave a comment:

• timtheshredder
    replied

I had the pleasure of talking with Steve Lukather at NAMM last year. I asked him about what he thinks makes great tone and he said it all comes from your fingers. I doesn't matter what rig you play, tone starts with the player. If you put Eddie on your rig, he will sound like Eddie. I tend to agree. 90% of tone comes from you and your playing style.

Leave a comment:

• Francois
    replied

I noticed that when playing with the extreme distortion a fuzz gives you, the single coils may sound better to me than the humbuckers (with more definition.)
    But it also depends on the guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied

Originally posted by LLL View Post
    When playing through a plexi Marshall circuit, you'll probably find that turning the bass down to 1 or 2 works very well... and even with the bass completely off.
    With my JCM 800 I turn the treble all the way off and bring in the high end with the presence control!!

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied

When playing through a plexi Marshall circuit, you'll probably find that turning the bass down to 1 or 2 works very well... and even with the bass completely off.

Leave a comment:

• Cynical
    replied

-- Most people over-fetishize power-amp distortion. It's not the end-all be-all people think it is, and very few gigging artists have ever turned their 5150s, 2203s, or Rectos high enough to clip the power tubes. If the tone you're chasing wasn't done on an unmodded Plexi or a little Fender combo, don't worry about getting an attenuator or a super-low wattage amp; speaker involvement is the only volume thing that matters.

-- Your pickups are probably too high. Lower them.

-- The real purpose of the treble knob on an FMV tonestack is to adjust the mid-scoop. Treble knob higher = mid scoop lower = more upper-mid emphasis; treble knob lower = mid scoop higher = more lower-mid emphasis. Try using the treble knob primarily to sculpt your midrange, either raising it to find and notch out the "cardboard box" or lowering it to get rid of the "quack", and then using the presence knob primarily to control your high end.
    Last edited by Cynical; 09-26-2018, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    General Tone Tips

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    Don't be afraid to have a knob hard to one end of its rotation. Unseasoned players who go overboard give coming controls a bad rep, but sometimes you need as much (or sometimes more) of what that control has to offer.
    Yeah, I agree. I used to play in a band with a guy that always set his tone controls by “sight”. You know, Bass should be about here, mids about here....he would always say “man, I wish I could get a little more bass out of this amp” and I’d look at his controls and the bass would be on “5”.
    You have to set the knobs with your ears and not your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Slartibartfast
    replied

Good advice.

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied

Don't be afraid to have a knob hard to one end of its rotation. Unseasoned players who go overboard give coming controls a bad rep, but sometimes you need as much (or sometimes more) of what that control has to offer.

Leave a comment:

• emilzd
    replied

I should have practised more.

Leave a comment:

• lehymib
    replied

its gonna sound the same as your old one, well almost, so buy a nice amp first, then pickups or a new guitar

Leave a comment:

• astrozombie
    replied

Worry more about the sound of your hands- it dictates everything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mjsmanahan35
    replied

Originally posted by mjsmanahan35 View Post
    Treble, Mid and Bass set at 12 o'clock, Recorded using ISP Decimator II, Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini and Blackstar HT-Metal Pedal https://youtu.be/GkBTP_hU6FE
    Maschalismos Band, Philadelphia, PA. 548 likes. Maschalismos is a Heavy/Groove Metal band formed in Philippines. Ram Santos - Vocals (Past member) Treston Jade Victorio - Vocals (Past member)...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mjsmanahan35
    replied

Treble, Mid and Bass set at 12 o'clock, Recorded using ISP Decimator II, Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini and Blackstar HT-Metal Pedal

Maschalismos Band, Philadelphia, PA. 548 likes. Maschalismos is a Heavy/Groove Metal band formed in Philippines. Ram Santos - Vocals (Past member) Treston Jade Victorio - Vocals (Past member)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X