535Q stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 535Q stretching

Ibanez RG521-zebra something through 535Q and AMT P1 sounds like this.

Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Sounds great! I have trouble getting a wah sound that I like with higher gain. What settings are you using on the 535Q?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm glad that you like it. Mine is set as:

Big Chrome: 3th click
      variQ: 2 o'clock
      boost: 11 o'clock (just noticing that it goes 11 and above yawwww)

It is an older 18V version, guitarist of Nevermore (RIP band) Attila Vörös (I love his playing) toured with it during the last years of the band. He sold it to my friend Vili Tarcza (also a helluva guitar player) who bought a CAE Cry Baby and just gave me this one because he knew that my old Hendrix wah is sort of dead. What a cool guy and friend!

There is one difference between the newer 9V version and this one. Never A/B tested but to my memory when I recorded guys with the new 9V 535Q the bypass mode seemed to be improved, this old one is definitely noticeable when it is in the signal chain, just like my old JH1S wah. I don't care at all but I know it can drive mad a lot of guys. Considering sound / variety I can't recall much of a difference.
      Last edited by NecroPolo; 08-21-2020, 12:07 PM.
      Wackor
      Ørdøg
      NecroPolo
      Diabolus in Musica
      SIDrip Alliance
      Book of Shadows
      RKH

Comment

Cool, thanks! I'll give those settings a try on my 535Q next time I'm trying for some higher gain stuff. I've got the 9V version, hopefully it sounds/works the same.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I think having a 9V or 18V model makes not much of a difference. Should be working well. Have fun mate!

About high gain, I don't use it high gain literally. Around mid gain, I guess, somewhat more than AC / DC but much less than most metal guitarists. The boost option gives that sort of liquid nature during solos, otherwise it is the normal drive sound I use for rhythm.
          Wackor
          Ørdøg
          NecroPolo
          Diabolus in Musica
          SIDrip Alliance
          Book of Shadows
          RKH

Comment

Working...
          X