Thoughts - Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 vs Tascam Model 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts - Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 vs Tascam Model 16

Anybody have experince with either or both?

Band is trying to decide on some gear and any quality feedback is appreciated
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

I'm not sure about the Tascam stuff, but the Focusrite is solid and I'm pretty sure TwilightOdyssey uses it as their main interface. How are you planning to use it? If you're planning to record rehearsals or similar live tracks and have a separate monitoring solution, either should be fine. IME using an interface to also do a band monitor mix is possible, but also a giant PITA.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have a Scarlet and I love it, it's a 2i2

I am reasonably familiar with both and comfortable with either but not sure which way the band will be best at

It's more for recording drums than anything, once it is in the DAW realm it's all good. I don’t mind the simplicity of the Tascam though and I am thinking it might be an easier solution. I think the Scarlet will have better pre's but idk
      Last edited by Wattage; 09-07-2020, 05:28 PM.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I would definitely recommend the Focusrite over the Tascam. Focusrite has better preamps to my ears and if you get the 18i20 you also get access to Mix Control which not only makes the interface VERY customizable, it allows you to configure it for offline mode as well.

I currently have 3 Focusrite interfaces: Solo, 2i2, and 18i20, depending on where I am working. My 18i20 is paired with a Focusrite OctoPre for 16 channels in and a Behringer ADA8200 for 20 channels out.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X