Long time player - first time album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time player - first time album

Hey folks - long time no see ... been busy here ... recording this with my band, Vacant City Drifters
    ... download or streaming only ... or listen on youtube ...

Would welcome some feedback
    cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

I thought that was a lot of fun! Very Stones-ish vibe, I think Wattage would really dig this.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks, man! We definitely heard and felt that vibe as we were working up the lead-off track, All This Time, so we leaned into it. Other tracks ended up feeling different, so we just tried to go with what the tune called for. We even ended up doing the song our drummer wrote and sang, Pretend, without drums.
      gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

gear i used:

Track 1 - All This Time - *
        Rhythm / Lead Guitar: Tokai Tele clone
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - D Luxe model and matched cab

Track 2 - Lets Go For A Ride - **
        Rhythm / Lead Guitar: PRS SC 245

Track 3 - Half Way Home - *
        Rhythm / Lead Guitar: Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat (with USACG neck w/6100 SS frets)
        Lead / Rhythm 1 Amp: Atomic AF12 - Power EL34 model and matched cab
        Rhythm 2 Amp: Fractal Axe-FX II Ultra - some Marshall model (sorry, i didn't write down which)

Track 4 - Pretend - *
        Rhythm Guitar 1: PRS SC 245
        Rhythm Guitar 1 Amp: Atomic AF12 - Brit 800 model and matched cab
        Lead / Rhythm Guitar 2 Custom Tele clone with Joe Barden Pickups
        Lead / Rhythm Guitar 2 Amp: Laney 1x12" Tube Combo (w/ Hot Cake for solo)

Track 5 -Empty Relics - **
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - Freedman BE model (w / screamer model for solo) and matched cab

Track 6 - Handle My Heart - *
        Rhythm / Lead Guitar: Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat (with USACG neck w/6100 SS frets)
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - Rumble model and matched cab

Track 7 - Come Tomorrow - *
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - D luxe model and matched cab

Track 8 - No Place Special - **
        Rhythm Guitar: PRS SC 245
        Lead Guitar: Tokai Tele Clone (drop D)

Track 9 - Good Enough Day - *
        Rhythm / Lead Guitar: PRS Ted McCarty Double Cut 245 Soapbar
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - Power EL34 model and matched cab

Track 10 - The Boom Came Down - **
        Acoustic Guitar: Tanglewood X15 SDTE slope-shouldered dreadnought (mic'd)
        Rhythm Guitar: PRS SC 245
        Lead Guitar: Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat (with USACG neck w/6100 SS frets)
        Amp: Atomic AF12 - D Luxe model (w/ screamer model for solo) and matched cab

strings
        Acoustic - Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53 Light
        Electric - D'Addario EXL110

Production Credits
        * - Recorded at Orion Studios in Baltimore, MD by Joe Tracey & Mixed at New Noise Studios in Glen Burnie, MD by Justin Day

** - Recorded and Mixed at New Noise Studios in Glen Burnie, MD by Justin Day

All Tracks Mastered at Mobtown Studios in Baltimore, MD by Mat Lefler-Schulman
        gear list in profile

Comment

Great to see the breakdown. I don't ever keep notes on what I use- lots of times I am figuring it out in the moment, and I don't have a lot of time to write it all down. It is really useful to have, though, especially if trying to replicate the sound live.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very cool vibes in those songs. Good mix. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              I thought that was a lot of fun! Very Stones-ish vibe, I think Wattage would really dig this.
              I can hear your reference to the Stones vibe. I listened to "All This Time" and was also thinking Georgia Satellites. Might be the vocals. I enjoyed it. Well done tone4days !

Comment

Cool

sounds great.

Makes me happy to see (hear!) when people get around to do actual recordings. .

Congrats!
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Very cool, congratulations.

I hear a lot of influences, Petty, Stones, Dylan, Springsteen. I like it.

Comment

Hey Bill! I've been away for a stint myself. Looking forward to giving this platter a spin...

Remember this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	6025906
                    Last edited by Aceman; 10-31-2020, 07:14 PM.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Hey Bill! I've been away for a stint myself. Looking forward to giving this platter a spin...

Remember this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	6025906
                      Hey Dr Bob ! Good to see you .... I do remember ! That was a fun hang! Hope you and yours are all safe and well.
                      gear list in profile

Comment

Working...
                      X