Drive Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Cover

This is the first time recording with something other than GarageBand on my iPad. I'm using Presonus Studio One on my new iMac. All the bass/guitar sounds are using Guitar Rig 5. Steep learning curve ahead methinks!!

​​​​​​https://soundcloud.com/steve-bees/drive-mixdown-1-2

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Very cool ! I like the way you didnt just flat out copy the groove of the original yet you retained the laid back, smooth vibe.
    gonna sing?
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks! I'm gonna add vocals, but I'm pretty limited in where I can record and what I can use, so there could be some interesting results!

Comment

got to listen again with headphones instead of phone speaker ... is there some compression volume pumping going on, especially on the melody guitar?
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I'm not sure, there's definitely something, but I wanted to get a reference on the exported sound vs the sound in the DAW. The sound on that guitar is a little strange, but I kinda liked that it's not a 'standard' guitar tone.

Comment

Working...
          X