banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Jazzers, do you watch this guy’s videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jazzers, do you watch this guy’s videos?

I stumbled across this on YT. Do any of you watch his lessons? Or follow them

I really like his style of teaching. I have learned a lot from this series. My jazz chops have really improved from Jens. His humor is so dry it makes me laugh.

Never seen it before. But for lessons, there are 75 years of recordings out there to learn from, so I usually stick to those, but then add my own stuff in there (just like they did).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I haven't watched his videos before but I agree with basically everything he said. I'm in the middle of working all that stuff but want to learn more and improve. I've been working it on guitar since about 2016 but built a foundation of tunes and theory beginning in about 2004. There's a lot of crap to learn in jazz but it's worth it. I like how he said it's good to work in stages so you can practice being musical in whatever stage you're in. What stuff are you working now? I'm working all 4 inversions to several chords plus the arpeggios so I can play any chord or arpeggio in any spot on the neck so I can flow from chord to chord fluently instead of only knowing root based stuff.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 10-26-2020, 12:20 PM.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Here I was all happy to talk jazz with someone and no reply.
        I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
          You do realize that Jens was talking to the camera not you, right?

Comment

= (

At least I know that Blille is out there somewhere..

2nd edit: Gonna just do the jazz guitar forum and stop being a whimp.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 10-27-2020, 12:18 AM.
            I bought them for you

Comment

Nope, never seen the guy before. I like Rich Severson....
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I've consumed more educational jazz content in 1 day on the jazz guitar forum than my whole time here lol! Probably more my fault I suppose.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                  Sorry! Didn’t know I would get your hopes up so high!!!

I’m really sporadic (Yuck!!! How about “Whimsical”) with my posting. I’ve been hitting my arpeggios hard lately.

I listen to all sorts of things, but I love playing to YT backing tracks. I’ve been thinking about getting a Digitech Trio to play with at home.

I love all the classic things like Autumn Leaves, I fall in love too easily (true!), and Body & Soul, and stuff like that. I also really like plaiting modes over modern stuff. Do you guys know who Frank Gambale is? I can’t shred like that, but I’d like to!!!

Comment

It's ok, I quit slacking and joined the jazz guitar forum.

Arpeggios are $$. I like those good classic standards too. My favorite version of Autumn Leaves is Bill Evans, I fall in love to easily - Chet Baker, Body and Soul - Coleman Hawkins.

Last edited by Clint 55; 10-30-2020, 02:06 AM.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

I DO watch that guys videos. Not sure how they got in my YouTube feed. Do I play anything he talks about? No.

But If I get tired of metal/acoustic/blues I am so there. I have a 339 and a 335 just waiting to let the arpeggios fly!
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

In the end the youtubers will be more numerous than the audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Never seen it before. But for lessons, there are 75 years of recordings out there to learn from, so I usually stick to those, but then add my own stuff in there (just like they did).
                          I’m still learning what stuff I can add in. He’s really helpful in that area.

I know my chords and modes. The whole harmony theory and arpeggios and stuff is really helpful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            I DO watch that guys videos. Not sure how they got in my YouTube feed. Do I play anything he talks about? No.

But If I get tired of metal/acoustic/blues I am so there. I have a 339 and a 335 just waiting to let the arpeggios fly!
                            You can’t just watch it silly!!! You have to actually play it too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrgrl View Post

You can’t just watch it silly!!! You have to actually play it too!!!
                              I like this one.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X