X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Leppard - Rock of Ages guitar cover

Upgraded the Charvel, so I had to do it

Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Well done! :

Between the Charvel, and the Les Paul, there should be nothing in the 80's you can't do.

Suggestion: On the LP track, play the main riff chords as bar chords instead of doubling the riff around the 1st position. Think EEEEE E D 7th and 5th frets, then BBBBB A A at the 2nd and open position in power chord format on the 5th and 4th strings. Adds a little more balls to the track when that guitar comes in.

My band just threw this into the lineup. I'll try and record us doing it and post here.

Again - nice job!!! Nice Axe!!! Nice vid!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Well done! :

Between the Charvel, and the Les Paul, there should be nothing in the 80's you can't do.

Suggestion: On the LP track, play the main riff chords as bar chords instead of doubling the riff around the 1st position. Think EEEEE E D 7th and 5th frets, then BBBBB A A at the 2nd and open position in power chord format on the 5th and 4th strings. Adds a little more balls to the track when that guitar comes in.

My band just threw this into the lineup. I'll try and record us doing it and post here.

Again - nice job!!! Nice Axe!!! Nice vid!!!
      Thanks! Yes, I agree. I was thinking the same thing at the start. Should have listened to myself then too XD

Yeah there's definitely more 80s stuff coming up too!
      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Awesome!!! I love that album <3 and Hysteria. I also really like that pink Charvel It’s not blue, and it’s kind of girly for me, but it’s pretty cool!!!

Comment

I love the camera angles!
          what delay and setting are you using in the solo?
          Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 11-15-2020, 02:19 PM.
          https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
            I love the camera angles!
            what delay and setting are you using in the solo?
            Thanks! I was using the echoplex model on the Helix. I forgot what it's called. I think I had the mix at 35%, feedback at 50% and delay at 500ms

Comment

Working...
            X