Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 Doing VH1

Here's my rack ADA MP-1 rig, mic'd with SM57 and FX in the DAW (but no EQ):

The second one sounded really spot on. Mic'ing a rig I think helps. In the first one, I could kind of hear the synthetic sound of the ADA coming through. I assume you are recording against the original tracks to match the sound then muting them. What was the guitar/pickups used?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      The second one sounded really spot on. Mic'ing a rig I think helps. In the first one, I could kind of hear the synthetic sound of the ADA coming through. I assume you are recording against the original tracks to match the sound then muting them. What was the guitar/pickups used?
      Thanks - no, I was not playing along to anything - this was just me playing in the room; using "internal timing".

It's a partscaster (alder+maple) with an SH-5, tone bypassed, 500K volume, Am Std Strat 2 post whammy with Callaham stamped saddles & block

The "Little Dreamer" solo (1st clip) used a Phase 90 VST which I wasn't a big fan of (the VST in particular - not a good VST).

Comment

Great playing, as ever! There's some really gnarly artifact ... or clipping going on, though.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X