Lost my wife of 20 years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my wife of 20 years...

Wel, we were together for nearly 30. She left this ****ty world a little over two months ago and shattered my life....

fell from our rooftop garden trying to rescue our injured cat that was out on a ledge with two broken legs..

We were childhood sweethearts.. and had an amazing married life, but one that was full of pressures from the outside as we were given complete hell by some incredibly greedy & creepy people whom she had the ill-fortune to call her "family". Our kids were threatened and had to be taken out of school years ago to be homeschooled (ongoing) and we went through a slew of other problems & pressures. But in spite of all the stress & the challenges we always had each other to count on & find comfort in & now she's gone... It's just my two awesome kids and me now...

I finally picked up my guitar again last week...

This tune is to say, in some small part a very special & heartfelt "thank you" to a beautiful & perfect wife, complete soulmate & incredible mother whom I feel so very privileged to have known, loved and shared my life with. A beautiful soul & a beautiful human being... my loving wife, Julie.

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

My heart goes out to you.

I don't know what else to say but I hope you find peace and a sense of purpose on your new journey. I hope your children find peace too.

Comment

Had no idea and can identify with much you say about family in ways you have no idea but in my case it was from my side. Had a couple incidents where I had serious health scares over the last few years with my wife so can also understand. Old adage that time heals all wounds and while it may not seem so now it's true you just have to find a way to make it through the storm. Prayers your way man and if there is absolutely anything I can do to help in this hit me with a PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Godspeed

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the kind words/prayers guy's. It means a lot. Sorry to hear about your family & your wife's health issues Ascension. Things are pretty rough for my boys and me right now...she was such a sweet thing and deserved so much better than that. I really hope that you're right and that time will heal, at least to some extent. It's all been extremely hard to deal with. Really hope that playing my guitar will help me cope a bit better as well...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

So sorry man - I don't have any words. that can help. I will say music heals, and after listening to that, don't stop playing. Let the music heal you.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

So sorry for your loss

Comment

Requiescat en pace. She's in a much better place now.

Comment

I'm so sorry.

My wife, my soulmate, the love of my life, passed away at home three years ago after a long illness. Multiple Myeloma.

I have a pretty good idea of what you're feeling.

I picture my wife leaving this world with all of us who love her crying tears of sadness while she simultaneously enters into another world with all of those who love her and passed before her happily welcoming her home.

I do think it's something like that and I think of "death" as being a word for that transformation. Not as an ending but as a transition.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Nice tune, btw.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I offer my sincere condolences. I don’t know what I would do in your place.

Nice tune. Thanks for sharing it.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss.
                        It's going to be a battle for awhile to not slip into negativity.

You might just have to fake-it and put on a happy face sometimes so your boys don't develop the feeling of being "wronged" by life/the world.
                        And then on the other hand you don't want them to think it's just all about "moving-on" now either.

It's going to be a tricky balance for sure but maybe it could help a bit if you occasionally discuss with them how lucky they are to have had such a good mom and how so many other children in the world never get to enjoy that blessing. Maybe make her birthday a family celebration day and focus on all the great stuff she did for them and their futures.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about this. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

Once again I really appreciate your kind words wishes & prayers. You have no idea how much it means to hear a comforting word. Thanks to all of you

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            So sorry man - I don't have any words. that can help. I will say music heals, and after listening to that, don't stop playing. Let the music heal you.
                            After my wife & kids, music is the next most important thing in my life. I really do hope it will help me through this...

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                            Requiescat en pace. She's in a much better place now.
                            This is what I keep telling myself.

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                            I'm so sorry. My wife, my soulmate, the love of my life, passed away at home three years ago after a long illness. Multiple Myeloma.

I have a pretty good idea of what you're feeling.

I picture my wife leaving this world with all of us who love her crying tears of sadness while she simultaneously enters into another world with all of those who love her and passed before her happily welcoming her home.

I do think it's something like that and I think of "death" as being a word for that transformation. Not as an ending but as a transition.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Nice tune, btw.
                            Yes, while my wife and I weren't religious. She was very much into spirituality and read/explored it a lot. Her view of life & death was pretty much the same as what you said, that it was all about transition. After she passed I kept hearing these lyrics of a song by Pagan's Mind "one day we'll unite in dimensions higher" it's from the track "Dimensions Of Fire" ...for some reason that was a major source of comfort. Sorry to hear about your wife, there is definitely nothing worse than losing a soulmate.

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                            Very sorry for your loss.It's going to be a battle for awhile to not slip into negativity.

You might just have to fake-it and put on a happy face sometimes so your boys don't develop the feeling of being "wronged" by life/the world.
                            And then on the other hand you don't want them to think it's just all about "moving-on" now either.

It's going to be a tricky balance for sure but maybe it could help a bit if you occasionally discuss with them how lucky they are to have had such a good mom and how so many other children in the world never get to enjoy that blessing. Maybe make her birthday a family celebration day and focus on all the great stuff she did for them and their futures.
                            Very true..though I guess I slipped into negativity a long time ago... I just need to try hard not to slip into any more now.

But yeah...I know I do need to be there for my kids. As hellish as this experience has been for me it was likely even worse for the two of them, I'm aware of that. I need to be there for them now more than ever before. I do talk to them and try and get them to focus on the many, many positive aspects of her life rather than what happened at the end. She was actually, despite it all, a very strong & positive person & always found ways to stay on top of things. They never got her down..

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            So sorry for your loss
                            Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                            I offer my sincere condolences. I don’t know what I would do in your place.Nice tune. Thanks for sharing it.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                            My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.
                            Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                            I am so sorry to hear about this. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
                            Thank you all sincerely guys. Means a LOT. You are very kind. Deeply appreciated.

Youtube

Comment

My gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace for you and your boys through this.

Comment

Working...
                              X