No announcement yet.

Lost my wife of 20 years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heart breaking to read that, very sorry. condolences to you and your kids. may she rest easy and be at peace

Comment

God help my kids if my wife goes first. If your wife inspired that kind of playing, you've been a very lucky man.

If I might offer a tiny bit of advice, consider becoming a dog person.

Comment

Absolutely heart breaking. You and the boys take care of each other, talk to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          My gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace for you and your boys through this.
          Thank you for your prayers & good wishes. Very much appreciated.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          heart breaking to read that, very sorry. condolences to you and your kids. may she rest easy and be at peace
          Once again..thanks so much. It means a lot ..and I absolutely wish her the same.

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
          God help my kids if my wife goes first. If your wife inspired that kind of playing, you've been a very lucky man.

If I might offer a tiny bit of advice, consider becoming a dog person.
          My wife inspired a lot of things in me. But I'd be lying if I said she loved all (most?) of my playing. Not that she ever said anything (I'd get pained looks instead) , but this song I think she would've liked. It did come straight from my heart.

And up until last year ..we were exclusively dog people. We have four of them at home and looked after/fed a bunch of strays as well. Then we found these two tiny abandoned kittens in our basement & despite having no experience with cats at all, she insisted that we take them in. They were so different & funny & affectionate (in their own way)..she really loved them ..we all did. The injured one had actually fallen off the same roof two months before, but she (the cat) was luckier. Can't blame the cats I guess ...they're cats (and she loved them).

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
          Absolutely heart breaking. You and the boys take care of each other, talk to each other.
          Thanks for the kind words ...we've all been trying to deal in our own ways, but yeah, we are talking and helping each other out. It's going to be a long, hard road though.

Also, For some reason when I press "like" it says "unlike" (?) sometimes.. or nothing at all.

​​​​​​​sorry..they're all likes.
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 11-23-2020, 11:02 PM.
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
            That was a truly beautiful song for her. Beautiful.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Very sorry to hear this, man. The best to you and the rest of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                I'm so sorry for your loss.
                That was a truly beautiful song for her. Beautiful.
                Very kind of you . ..& thanks, I hope she likes it too.

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                Very sorry to hear this, man. The best to you and the rest of the family.
                Thank you Sirion ...very nice of you, much appreciated.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Things that suck happen. 20 years with someone you love is a blessing. Having kids with someone like that...
                  Take care of them. You share a common love. They should also take care of you, if you do.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

That breaks my heart. Very sorry for you loss.

Comment

Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
                      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Things that suck happen. 20 years with someone you love is a blessing. Having kids with someone like that...
                        Take care of them. You share a common love. They should also take care of you, if you do.

Yeah, no stranger to **** happening....nor was she. We had'nt had it easy for a long time. Something like this though, it never even crossed my mind ...just sickening beyond anything I could have ever thought of or expected. I always took it for granted that we'd face everything nasty that came our way together.

My boys are indeed a huge blessing ..they are growing up right, We were both very hands-on and also tried to shield and protect them from some of the ****ty circumstances we all found ourselves in. They are used to stress & crap coming their way, but again ..nothing ever prepared them for this. It's been really hard for all of us, as I said maybe even worse for them ,but they're tough & they're coping.

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                        That breaks my heart. Very sorry for you loss.
                        Thanks Dankstar. Very kind of you...

Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post
                        Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
                        Thanks so much. Much appreciated..

Youtube

Comment

There are some things that you can't really prepare for. You just endure them as best you can.

Comment

I can't even fathom, my deepest and most sincere condolences. I wish you much grace and peace
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

My condolences. And like others have said (and probably better) try to focus your and your kids thoughts towards ones of gratitude for having had the privilege to have had such a loving and loyal ally in your corner for all those years. I know it will take time, its ok, dont feel pressure to "get thru it 2quickly". Be kind, patient and forgiving with yourselves and each other along the way.
                              Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 11-25-2020, 10:14 PM.
                              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Wow, I am terribly sorry to hear this news. I hope that you and your boys are doing as well as can be expected, what a horrible thing to have happen.
                                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                                X