All tracks thru the 24 except vocals, mixed in Cakewalk

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

I hear those Tascam recorders are great. My uncle got one- :o

Feels and functions very professional- unlike the Zoom R-series, that feels like a childrens toy in comparison!

I won't get a chance to listen right now, I'm on my familys computer. Rock on! \m/ -E
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

When I first started recording, I used a Tascam tape 4 track.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fun song! I like the old school, mid-focused guitar sound. It's a little mono-focused, not much of a stereo spread going on. Was that intentional?
        Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 11-28-2020, 07:31 PM.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The mid focused guitars yes, the mix not really I’ve never mixed much other than simple demos. Learning as I go, doing a few covers to learn the gear

This is an old Waldos tune we did as a trib to Walter Lure who died in August (Waldos, Heartbreakers)

thanks for checking it out, and the feedback!
          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Sounds great, but I agree that it has kind of a mono vibe going to it. I just figured it was intentional. How did you go about recording? Did you just mic everyone up and y'all do it live, or did everyone do it individually?

Comment

A lot of the great stuff from the 20's to the late 60's was done in mono.
              And even played back on a multi channel system, still sounds good.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Meh, sometimes Rock N Roll is a bit raw. Gave it another listen.
                  I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I really like it. I think the combo of the sound of the trax/instruments and levels really suit the song. Everything's clear but lo fi and punk. I think this mix is a winner. That said, I'm sure if you listened to the others, you could probably come up with another good mix with panning and what have you.
                    The things that you wanted
                    I bought them for you

Comment

Cool thanks for all the feedback guys!

so this was done with 57’s on all toms and snare, a 52 on the kick, slightly offset from the beater at the head. MXL small condensers overhead. The bass is DI thru an ART tube pre. The guitars are an LP thru a JCM900/4x12 mic’d with a 57, leaning more right side in the mix, the other is me, more left leaning it’s an LP thru a Bassbreaker 15 LTD combo mic’d with a Lewitt 440 condenser. All vocals are thru the Lewitt into a Joe Meek pre into the Focusrite/Cakewalk

My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

The Tascam Model 24 is so great!

Comment

Working...
                        X