No announcement yet.

My First Recording Using A Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mix sounds fine to me and I do like the guitar tone. I guess whether the drums are too loud or not is pretty much subjective.. The riffs are really cool...
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Sounds good to me. Nice guitar tone and I can hear a bit of the old school Metallica tone in the heavy rhythm , especially towards the end of it.
      Gear:
      -Epiphone Les Paul- Bridge-Dimebucker, Neck-Alnico Pro II
      -Fender Show Master- Bridge-Pearly Gates, Neck- SH59.
      -Takamine Acoutic/Electric Guitar
      -12 String GK Guitar
      -Epiphone Acoustic
      -DSL 100 Half Stack, Avatar 2X12 Cab.
      -Tube Screamer TS808, Marshall Blues Breaker 2, Ibanez DL10 Digital Delay, Boss GE-7

Comment

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'll make sure my next recording has the production values of Hysteria.

Comment

gonna take three years for that too?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Just my opinion but they are too loud. At the very least the snare is too loud.
            I like a prominent snare. I guess that after ten years, my drummer's production values have influenced me.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

John, I admire you-- for your awesome composition, recording and producing...

Guitar sound is JUST WHERE I LIKE IT! :o... fat, like Hetfield on Ride the Lightning.. ( could to me, even need some more "metallic cut" )

...you're an inspiration! \m/

-Elroy
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                I like a prominent snare. I guess that after ten years, my drummer's production values have influenced me.

A handful of years ago when I was first getting into recording I happened to notice that many records I liked had the drums, in particular the snare mixed fairly low.
                Stuff from Boston’s first album to even Master of Puppets.
                I probably should have clarified that in my first post.
                I actually like a prominent kick drum but a subdued snare.
                I’m sure I could find as many records with a loud snare as well.

Comment

I like a present kick with a lot of snap to it. But in a lower range than the snare, obviously. I like a snare that cracks like a rifle.

Comment

Love it Jolly, definitely has that early Metallica vibe both in the tone and riffage. To me it sounds like if you slapped classic Het vocals on there it could've come from a lost demo in between RTL and MOP. Is that your Friedman patch on the AX8?

I like all the tones, the bass is there and punches through just right in between the chugs, and the drums are trashy enough to sound cool in their current form. Definitely can tell even before you get obsessive over EQ you've got it going on!
                    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                    • G&L Tribute Comanche
                    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

man, this is a masterwork....

Truly original; extremely heavy. \m/ like early metallica...

Keep it up. You're awesome.

-Erlend \m/
                      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

While that's not the style I generally listen to, that sounded great. There was actually some complexity to the guitar parts, rather than just the 2-chord chugga-chugga. Good job man.

Comment

Jolly knows his $%it.

Comment

Sounds great. My first computer recording sounded like a robot ****ing a toaster.

Comment

Sounds good, I like it!

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                              Sounds great. My first computer recording sounded like a robot ****ing a toaster.
                              Hmm... mine too.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X