How to make your guitar sound like a cello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make your guitar sound like a cello

Fun lesson on how to make your guitar sound like a cello, featuring all pedals and settings used. Even if you're not interested check out the first 20 seconds, it's a pretty cool impression!
    Last edited by Mooncat84; 12-07-2020, 06:26 PM.

I'll watch the video later, but have done the cello thing for many years using an ebow, or a bit of delay and my volume pedal. Loves me some cello tones!

Comment

sounds cool... too bad there's like. 1500USD ? of pedals involved .

I think i could get "close" with just a volume pedal, amp and guitar.
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Haha true, but you can def get close with those things! Get your hands on an octave effect and some reverb and you can do great cello noises with the volume pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by teleblooz View Post
          I'll watch the video later, but have done the cello thing for many years using an ebow, or a bit of delay and my volume pedal. Loves me some cello tones!
          You have any videos of your method anywhere? I'd love to check that out!

Comment

I use a volume pedal, ebow, some reverb and delay, too. Or guitar synth. It all works well.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Back in the late 70's I bought a bass Gizmotron.... the problem was the motor in it buzzed like crazy in the electronics. I never got the hang of making my bass sound like a cello, except for some pizzicato notes. Anything with sustain was harsh and mostly useless. I felt like the teeth on the rubber wheels were too large, making the attack too aggressive. I found it a decade later in the little canvas bag, and the wheels had turned to goo and the rest had crumbled into sand. The motor still ran, so I put the remnants on Squeebay and said goodby...
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The Gizmotron! Those were supposed to be re-released a few years ago. I've never tried an old or new one, but I bet it would be fun! These days the Fernandes Sustainer does something similar.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

These days the Fernandes Sustainer does something similar.
                  Better, really.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The closest is an E-Bow on a Semi-Hollow Baritone...
                    (probably closer than the finnish Goldden Cello pedal)
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                    X