banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P'up swap in walnut/alder h-s-s axe ~ A5 "Oripure" bridge pu for stock bridge p'up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P'up swap in walnut/alder h-s-s axe ~ A5 "Oripure" bridge pu for stock bridge p'up..

Spent the day swapping out pu's in a couple of cheap axes yesterday. First up: I swapped out the bridge humbucker in my KADENCE walnut/alder h-s-s for a cheap Chinese "Oripure" A5 pup that cost $30 . Build quality on these is top notch they don't look or sound cheap at all (easily on par with my Duncan's). Wiring code is the same as stock Ibanez p'up's so an easy install.

I think they sound great. Pretty nice (not over-bright) glassy top, full-sounding 3D mids and a very pleasant/mildly spongy low end that stays tight for rhythm. It's a cool pickup with really sweet tone.

I also swapped out the stock pup's in my cheap H-H Cort that I bought mainly for it's Manilla Road kinda paint job (but it turned out to be a player too). This time a set of "Oripure" A2 pup's went in and they're pretty excellent too. Plus they're zebra and go really well with the graphic finish, better than the stock black one's. But more on those later...

Here's the A5 bridge PU over a looped riff (lead only)...

Used my (Mooer GE300's) "tone capture" profile of my AMT Stonehead amp for this. It's just the amp profile ....no pre/post production..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Is that the one that seems to basically be an SD 59b?

I looked it up, they also have what appears to be a JB with Super Distortion polepieces and a Crunchlab copy
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

It could be ...I don't know & I have'nt tried a SD 59 bridge pup so I can't compare..

Can't speak for the JB or Crunchlab copies either... haven't tried those yet.

The A2 set is pretty cool though..bridge is kinda grainy/gritty sounding with a bit of bite & the neck is sweet and smooth. They really have these EQ'ed perfectly ..no mud at all, yet with that slight spongieness that I like in a pup...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I looked at these for a squire strat I have but read some bad reviews.

Comment

Well can't say I 've had any problems with these ones I got. They're built solid & sound really nice...

Just had a go with the other guitar (the Cort with the ripure A2 set). This was with my Randall T2 tone capture profile that I made with my Mooer GE399.

Jamming a solo switching between the bridge & neck pups....no pre/post production. Just out from the Mooer straight to Reaper

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-12-2020, 05:22 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Fooling around some more with my Cort....same Mooer BE300 (Randall T2) patch as the last video....

Something power metal-ish

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
              Spent the day swapping out pu's in a couple of cheap axes yesterday. First up: I swapped out the bridge humbucker in my KADENCE walnut/alder h-s-s for a cheap Chinese "Oripure" A5 pup that cost $30 . Build quality on these is top notch they don't look or sound cheap at all (easily on par with my Duncan's). Wiring code is the same as stock Ibanez p'up's so an easy install.

I think they sound great. Pretty nice (not over-bright) glassy top, full-sounding 3D mids and a very pleasant/mildly spongy low end that stays tight for rhythm. It's a cool pickup with really sweet tone.

I also swapped out the stock pup's in my cheap H-H Cort that I bought mainly for it's Manilla Road kinda paint job (but it turned out to be a player too). This time a set of "Oripure" A2 pup's went in and they're pretty excellent too. Plus they're zebra and go really well with the graphic finish, better than the stock black one's. But more on those later...

Here's the A5 bridge PU over a looped riff (lead only)...

Used my (Mooer GE300's) "tone capture" profile of my AMT Stonehead amp for this. It's just the amp profile ....no pre/post production..

The tone of that replacement pup sounds really good to me.
              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Yeah, it's got some sweet tone. I got another A5 bridge pup on the way for my other KADENCE guitar as well....

Jammed another solo with that one over my faVe backing track for shred-type stuff (based on Ozzy's Mr. Crowley)

I used a tone capture profile I made of the Marshall '59 model from my little Zoom G1X Four modeller...copied that over to my Mooer GE300 and gave things a go....

Youtube

Comment

Continuing with my neoclassical binge..more Oripure A5 sweetness.

Really digging my tone here with my little 15W Goldea Rex 3200 anp's Mooer GE300 Tone capture profile...

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X