Cool tool for chord progressions/substitutions/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool tool for chord progressions/substitutions/ideas

An innovative musical tool that guides you to discover new chord progressions in a simple way. We show you the possibilities, you be creative.

Cool tool to reference secondary dominant chords and parallel minor chords for your key. A little steep, but I might make my own.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

That looks like a nice little resource. Thanks for sharing it.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      A little steep, but I might make my own.
      It's a cool idea . . . but all the information to make your own is out there for free. I don't get why someone would pay money for this.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

It's a cool idea . . . but all the information to make your own is out there for free. I don't get why someone would pay money for this.
        Yes I’ve made an excel sheet with just the chord numbers for reference.

(Although I probably learned this two decades ago I’m digging into these concepts along with diminished chord usage to break out of the diatonic box)
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes I’ve made an excel sheet with just the chord numbers for reference.

(Although I probably learned this two decades ago I’m digging into these concepts along with diminished chord usage to break out of the diatonic box)

Heh . . .

I made it in a spreadsheet in about a half an hour in Libre Office. You just select the key you want at the top and it does the rest for you.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qZf...ew?usp=sharing

:P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Just a note, it kept auto correcting me when I was entering the data, so for the minor chords the I and the V should both be lower case.

Comment

Pretty cool Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Heh . . .

I made it in a spreadsheet in about a half an hour in Libre Office. You just select the key you want at the top and it does the rest for you.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qZf...ew?usp=sharing

:P
                I brute forced it with VLookup, I’ll have to check your formula.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I brute forced it with VLookup, I’ll have to check your formula.
                  I converted the notes to numbers and then just figured the offsets out for each chord. :P

Comment

Updated version . . . with fixed stuff capitalization and some extra progression information just for the hell of it:

New link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                    X