X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got A RATT Problem

Quick whip-up with solo:

Spot on. Nice work.

RATT is probably my favorite sounding band from that era.... love the guitars..... love the drums... love the compact riffs and tastiness.

Probably the only knock is Juan Croucier's bass dancing style -which makes me laugh.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Sounds great! Great playing.

Comment

Wow, that sounds spot on!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Had me doing my best Steven Pearcy...

Comment

Although I love their sound (noted above) as one of the greatest sounding of the 80s metal era, I don't think they really get thrown in the greatest band conversation primarily because they didn't have a lot to say -They were always on message about pounding tush -which is awesome, but gets pretty vapid after a few records and becomes schtick

Even Def Leppard, Scorpions, and other bands who were the kings of the obligatory sex proposition glam metal anthems -also had deeply political and personal songs too

-but Ratt man, they stayed on message -never wavering
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              Although I love their sound (noted above) as one of the greatest sounding of the 80s metal era, I don't think they really get thrown in the greatest band conversation primarily because they didn't have a lot to say -They were always on message about pounding tush -which is awesome, but gets pretty vapid after a few records and becomes schtick

Even Def Leppard, Scorpions, and other bands who were the kings of the obligatory sex proposition glam metal anthems -also had deeply political and personal songs too

Damn.. you're absolutely right, way cool jr was the end for me. I don't even know if they put out anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Damn.. you're absolutely right, way cool jr was the end for me. I don't even know if they put out anymore.
                Yep, I hit the eject button then too. Figured that meant they were out of ideas about mounting women.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                  I don't even know if they put out anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

That commercial is pretty awesome, but that alternate high background vocal harmony they added for the commercial drives me nuts...

It's makes them sound excited like a child instead of pretty accepting of the monotony of bangin' or about to bang hot women all the time.
                    Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-28-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Yet they are still better than Warrant. I hate to say that, I actually like Rob Mason, their current singer, but because of other stuff he's done in the past (Cry of Love, Lynch Mob). I saw them in a club back in the 80's when they were just starting to get big, I remember their intro music, whatever you call it, was an obscene little ditty that went too far before the band even was on stage. I'm no prude, and definitely wasn't back then, but it was too much.

But as usual, LLL is spot on with da' toanz.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                          I really liked that single from Detonator. Lovin Youâs a Dirty Job,
                          Ah, yes, the "Ode to Tipper Gore", I presume?

Comment

I actually think that Ratt became a more interesting band as the eighties progressed. As an ensemble, Ratt's problems were that they had a singer that couldn't really do much, and that they as a result had trouble coming up with records that were interesting all the way through. As the decade passed they progressed naturally from a pretty standard heavy metal act to something a bit bluesier. This allowed Warren to stake out a different path from most of his peers, focusing on swinging blues rather than break-neck metal (he himself spoke of Maceo Parker as a big influence at the time). Reference was made to Way Cool Jr. above, and that track better than any shows the progress of the band: that song would have stuck out like a soar thumb on Out of the Cellar, but by the time of Reach for the Sky it was a natural extension of how the band had grown. Detonator was a bit of a departure for the band, which was natural, given that Desmond Child was brought on board, but it is far better than it is usually given credit for - coming to think of it, it might actually be the Ratt album I would reach for first these days.

Comment

Working...
                            X