NPD (New Plugins Day) - UADs Manley Massive Passive & API 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD (New Plugins Day) - UADs Manley Massive Passive & API 2500

We should have a Studio category to post in, cuz "Tips & Clips" just doesn't fit or describe studio work. Or, combine them all.

(Then again, we only have like 5 members who do any studio stuff, so... )

Anyways it's new plugin day here. Had 2x $25 coupons for UAD, so went shopping. UA is also doing 50-60% off for the month of June.

Needed a 2 buss and mix buss compressor, and of course the API 2500 is one of the best.

Punchy and dynamic, and this UAD version sounds better than the Waves counterpart I've had for years.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/c...ompressor.html

Also needed a killer EQ for anything/everything, including mastering, and the Manley Massive Passive got the nod.

Kinda unique with a Pultec flavor... and you can't make this thing sound bad. Does a great job. You get the regular and the mastering version (with slight differences).
    Apparently the real thing costs $8-10K

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/e...e-passive.html

So, saved a ton and got some killer tools.
    Last edited by LLL; 05-31-2021, 10:03 AM.

I would love to hear a size by side comparison of the 2500, I use the Waves one a lot.

Have you seen the new SSL siX 500 series module? I’m very tempted to get two of them in a chassis for mix bus shenanigans.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      I would love to hear a size by side comparison of the 2500, I use the Waves one a lot.

Have you seen the new SSL siX 500 series module? I’m very tempted to get two of them in a chassis for mix bus shenanigans.

Comment

Thanks!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X