banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your thought process when you're soloing over changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Yeah, I try to outline the changes and then will bail back to the key center if I lose the progression. I memorize the tunes that I work on. I don't like a lot of tunes with all 2 changes per bar.
    Two changes per bar is about choosing the best compromise, and avoiding the absolute wrong notes, or at least not hanging on them.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They call them "jazz notes" for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Two changes per bar is about choosing the best compromise, and avoiding the absolute wrong notes, or at least not hanging on them.
        If you are going to make mistakes, make them fast

Or call it jazz and slide or jump into a more comfortable note
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Two chords per bar is likely a ii V of some kind. Just play the V and you're good to go.

Comment

The chromatic scale is actually a very handy thing. A little dab'll do ya for "flavor".

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
              The chromatic scale is actually a very handy thing. A little dab'll do ya for "flavor".
              That is also when whammy bar antics, harmonics and Malmsteen/Roth kicks come in handy.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
              X