banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call it jamming, improv, untr00 improv or anything ...I just call it fun times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call it jamming, improv, untr00 improv or anything ...I just call it fun times.

Cheap awesome aliexpress pu'ps in a cheap awesome guitar

....plays like butter & has seriously sweet 80's tone...not to mention cool Manilla Road-esque graphics. Can't ask for more
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Fun cool stuff man!
    I miss having a basic home studio set up and doing fun off the cuff stuff like that. Need to get something back up and running. Here is one of my late night follin around thangies like that from a few years back.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Sounds like a soundtrack for a fun 80s adventure flick involving Military aviation
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        Fun cool stuff man!
        I miss having a basic home studio set up and doing fun off the cuff stuff like that. Need to get something back up and running. Here is one of my late night follin around thangies like that from a few years back.
        https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1815241
        Thanks!

Hey you should get one up and going again. it's so easy (& cheap) these days. I'd go nuts if I could'nt keep turning them out all day lol..

Checked out your clip..sounds great! You have really sweet vibrato in the Blackmore-ish vein

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
          Sounds like a soundtrack for a fun 80s adventure flick involving Military aviation

haha...Cool. This axe I suspect has 80's tone built into it Sounded straight out of the 80's with the stock pups and still sounds pure 80's with the new cheapies as well. I'm guessing it will sound 80's no matter what

Been down w/ the flu for the better part of last week, but I'm back for the attack..

Another little jam w/ lots of refreshing chordal changes/interesting textures/tasteful self-restraint and stuff...

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Thanks!

Hey you should get one up and going again. it's so easy (& cheap) these days. I'd go nuts if I could'nt keep turning them out all day lol..

Checked out your clip..sounds great! You have really sweet vibrato in the Blackmore-ish vein
            First off thanks for that. I have been playing a bunch of improv with some of the folk I play with and haven't been motivated to to do much writing or recording at home but after the shutdowns ect that is changing. I miss just noodling around for the fun of it just to see what came out. Got your clip instantly as have a bunch of stuff like that from doing the same here. Made me miss doing that stuff. Listened to the second clip good stuff and get it. I'm kinda the opposite in doing this kind of stuff. Play mostly modern worship now so it's allays less is more stay controlled and stay in the pocket so doing stuff like that for me is just playing with reckless abandon and trying new things I don't normally do. Like here it was kind of therapeutic and got me out of the box.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

haha...Cool. This axe I suspect has 80's tone built into it Sounded straight out of the 80's with the stock pups and still sounds pure 80's with the new cheapies as well. I'm guessing it will sound 80's no matter what

Been down w/ the flu for the better part of last week, but I'm back for the attack..

Another little jam w/ lots of refreshing chordal changes/interesting textures/tasteful self-restraint and stuff...

Working on your theory?
              :-D

Comment

Yep, deeply studied this:

Formula For Speed and Velocity

Physics Formulas

Formula For Speed

Speed : It is defined as the rate of change of distance, with respect to time.

(b) Average Speed

The average speed of a particle is defined as ratio of total distance travelled to the total time taken

Average speed is harmonic mean of individual speeds.

Formula For Veloctiy

It is defined as the rate of change in displacement with respect to time.

(a) Instantaneous Velocity

Instantaneous velocity of a particle is velocity at a particular instant of time. It is defined as rate of change of particle position with time

(b) Average Velocity

The average velocity of a particle for a given interval of time is defined as the ratio of its displacement to the time taken.

Average velocity is independent of path taken between any two points. It depends only on the initial and final position of the particle since it depends on displacement.

It a particle starts from some point and returns to the same point, via any path, average velocity in this trip will be zero.
                Examples For Speed and Velocity

....and then I plugged in my axe & pressed "record"

Damn! What a difference

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

First off thanks for that. I have been playing a bunch of improv with some of the folk I play with and haven't been motivated to to do much writing or recording at home but after the shutdowns ect that is changing. I miss just noodling around for the fun of it just to see what came out. Got your clip instantly as have a bunch of stuff like that from doing the same here. Made me miss doing that stuff. Listened to the second clip good stuff and get it. I'm kinda the opposite in doing this kind of stuff. Play mostly modern worship now so it's allays less is more stay controlled and stay in the pocket so doing stuff like that for me is just playing with reckless abandon and trying new things I don't normally do. Like here it was kind of therapeutic and got me out of the box.
                  https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=2478707
                  Eh everyone does things differently (or they should lol). I see you like to try different styles & I kind of like mixing things up as well ..everything changes from take to take ...& clip to clip. That's what makes it fun. With my band stuff I don't really get to spread out as much ..so this makes for a nice change

Clip was killer. Groovier than the last shreddy one. Nice tone too, though the wah in that last one sounded pretty wild I think I have funky one somewhere too (might have been just some cheesy rhythm though )....must look it up.

Youtube

Comment

Eh everyone does things differently (or they should lol). I see you like to try different styles & I kind of like mixing things up as well ..everything changes from take to take ...& clip to clip. That's what makes it fun. With my band stuff I don't really get to spread out as much ..so this makes for a nice change

Clip was killer. Groovier than the last shreddy one. Nice tone too, though the wah in that last one sounded pretty wild I think I have funky one somewhere too (might have been just some cheesy rhythm though )....must look it up.
                    I get it in a big way and same here. To myself I sound so one dimensional and bland compared to other players. I was trying to stretch out and do things I normally don't do but not sure it really worked. I really need to get something back up and running so I can just play around again with ideas.Thanks for the encouragement man love where you were going also. It's liberating to just play with some abandon for the heck of it.
                    It's also cool to get out of the comfort zone and try new things I would normally never do in a band setting. Like here song idea normally don't sing and in particular not harmonies plus never play base but did here.
                    Guitars

Comment

Soundclick seems to be down for me at the moment. It's always been kinda hit and miss here, no idea why....getting a timed out error. Will give it another try later.

Not saying you are at all, but to me being one-dimensional is'nt nessesarily a bad thing. Most, if not all of my fave players (Yngwie, Angus Young, James Murphy, Buddy Guy etc) are pretty one dimensional in the sense that they have their own style that they tend to stick to and not ever stray too far from. It's like a writer writing great novels in one language instead of ten. One's all you need if you do a good job with it lol.

Honestly, I think if you have something unique to offer style-wise that's personal and sets you apart (at least a little) that will make you stand out far more than if you're multi-dimensional or w/e and have no playing personality. You have pretty individualistic feel & vibrato & that's what counts, so I'd say you're golden

Not saying that means you can't try something different..most guitar players do, but the great one's leave their stamp on everything they do. No matter what it is, or how far out a limb they go, you know who's playing...

Yeah jamming little clips and improvising stuff is fun. I get to try a lot of stuff I don't normally do (plus, just shred my ass off ) It's total musical freedom for me and I enjoy it thoroughly (which ,in the end is all that counts)

Not saying I don't like playing gigs with my band. Love that too. It's just two very different things...

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X