banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackened Black Winter + Black Winter + Les Paul + Marshall Amps ( Non-Metal Clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackened Black Winter + Black Winter + Les Paul + Marshall Amps ( Non-Metal Clip)

I finished upgrading my Les Paul, new hardware and pickups. I custom ordered a Black Winter Bridge with Blackened bobbins, thanks MJ. I Installed a Blackened Black Winter in the neck. This is a really great combination for me. The song clip is in the middle position mostly, the bridge position for an overdub.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211201_200526(small).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	6132588

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211201_200942(small).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	6132589

Gr8 tune, sounds quite grungy to me, and I mean it as a positive compliment. The Black Winters are true flagship pickups, I am surprised everytime I plug them in how good they are and how much more they can do than just metal...

Is that neck pickup really a Black Winter too? looks more like a DiMarzio From here...

Comment

I have to agree - while I will play a Distortion clean wouldn't sound that good. Great clean tone.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is that neck pickup really a Black Winter too? looks more like a DiMarzio From here...
        That is a Blackened Black Winter. Some limited retailers have both neck and bridge. These aren't a normal production pickup.
        Last edited by Jeffsmusic4919; 12-02-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I have to agree - while I will play a Distortion clean wouldn't sound that good. Great clean tone.
          The guitar was recorded with a marshall 6100LM on the A mode crunch channel on the left side. A mix of 25 watt green back and 75 watt speakers in slant cabs. The right is a JVM410HJS on crunch mode B. A mix of 25 watt green back and 75 watt in straight cabs.The bass is direct with a clean plugin and a JCM800 in Ampire. If you were to solo the channels, you will be surprised how much dirt is in there.

The reason I didn't choose the Distortion set or a Distortion/59 set, which I really like a lot in another guitar, is exactly the reason you mentioned, the cleans. this set is sort of a more modern version of a Distortio/59 set.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
            Gr8 tune, sounds quite grungy to me, and I mean it as a positive compliment. The Black Winters are true flagship pickups, I am surprised everytime I plug them in how good they are and how much more they can do than just metal...

Grunge vibes with a little Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" in the minor bridge
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Ahhh ... The magical 6100lm..... Practically tone sorcery in a black box!
              sounds very nice. I don't know a clean tone from anything, but that sounds so good I might go learn how to!
              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                Ahhh ... The magical 6100lm..... Practically tone sorcery in a black box!
                sounds very nice. I don't know a clean tone from anything, but that sounds so good I might go learn how to!
                The clean here is quite dirty sounding when listening solo. Don't get to wrapped up in amp choice, speakers are really important too. There are many good clean amps out there. Don't take advice from the internet as gospel truth, use it as a starting point. Find what you like as far as guitar, amp, pickups, speakers and make it sound like what YOU want to hear. Then adjust for a band setting if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                X