No announcement yet.

SDUGF Suck Toan Contest (Ends May 1st)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we've extended things, we'll move on to the next phase (voting) Sunday the 15th.

Meanwhile, for those who have multiple entries, pick the one you want to go with. Only one entry will be used.

Everybody has until Sunday the 15th to pick their final entry and adjust/change their entry if preferred.

It would also be of value if you would list your signal chain. No Suck Tone secrets, now...

Comment

Why don't you pick the ones that you want us to use?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        How about this for Suk?
        Ok. if I have to pick one for my entry, it's this. Oh and that's a Crunchlab in the bridge spot with a D-Activator N in the neck. Picovalve head with a 6CA7 power tube, 1x12 open back cab with a C-Rex. All Keeley pedal board, compression, distortion and boost. Switched the Metalzone (distortion pedal) into Tri-Rec mode towards the end.
        Crunchlab's gotta crunch.

Comment

Well Artie, here's what the pickup that I got from you, in fact, it could be both of them, sounds like through my small rig.

And of course, it sucks. All because of me, of course.
          Ok, I changed my mind, this is my submission.

Comment

Can I still make an entry during the weekend? I completely forgot about this....

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
              Can I still make an entry during the weekend? I completely forgot about this....
              Go for it.

Comment

LLL

You forgot to mention what year this ends.

Comment

OK, take THIS, mofos:

Unfortunately it turned out to be better than I expected...Towards the end one of the bends is almost in tune, sorry 'bout that...

Signal chain: Black Winter bridge->Digitech Death Metal->Marshall MS-2->SM57->Mackie Mix5->Clarett 2Pre-> Cubase
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by nexion218; 05-15-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                    OK, take THIS, mofos:

Unfortunately it turned out to be better than I expected...Towards the end one of the bends is almost in tune, sorry 'bout that...

Signal chain: Black Winter bridge->Digitech Death Metal->Marshall MS-2->SM57->Mackie Mix5->Clarett 2Pre-> Cubase
                    Ha!

I was gonna use my MS-4 (full stack version of the little Marshall you got there), but decided not to.

Did I hear a little nod to Smoke On The Water?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Ha!

I was gonna use my MS-4 (full stack version of the little Marshall you got there), but decided not to.

Did I hear a little nod to Smoke On The Water?
                      Yeah but the SukkToan potion turned things into augmented 4ths...

About the MS-2... I was actually surprised... The first take I did had to be deleted b/c it wasn that bad, despite the Death Metal pedal... I really had to work it to suck real bad. In fact, I had a feeling that if I took it seriously I could make it sound decent with another pedal...

Comment

Well Artie, here's what the pickup that I got from you, in fact, it could be both of them, sounds like through my small rig.

And of course, it sucks. All because of me, of course.
                        You're not supposed to be improving your tone .... you're headed the wrong way.
                        Last edited by NegativeEase; 05-15-2022, 02:04 PM.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

How about this for Suk?
                          Suck Tone contest and you haven't broke out the LIne 6 Spider yet? Why are you holding out?
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have to admit my first submission was kinda sucky at getting an epic Suck Toan.

It's like it's missing something...

I will do one thing to it... a small embellishment... in hopes of really letting the Suck shine.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Suck Tone contest and you haven't broke out the LIne 6 Spider yet? Why are you holding out?
                              Well, partially because it's not a Spider. It's a Spidervalve. And I felt like setting up outside that day and didn't feel like lugging it out.

But be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some bonuses since my sole entry secures my win. You guys don't know the 1st thing about suck toan. I was actually intending to be good in these clips.

Suck fest single coils direct with suck fest toan and suck fest playing.

Bonus ok playing and ok toan. Get help if you think you're going to beat me at suck fest toan guitar.

The things that you wanted
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X