More Ugritone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Ugritone..

Don't mean to hijack Dankstar's thread so I'm making my own to share my personaal Ugritone experience,

Also, Soundclick does'nt (or barely ever works) for me Dank, not sure why. Most of the time if I follow the link it time's out (what just happened) so I could'nt hear your drum demo in your thread. Maybe if you could also post it up somewhere else like YouTube?

However I am a diehard Ugritone user, I guess since you first posted a link to them up here a few years ago. I now have a bunch of their kits/midi packs and they're all I ever use. I love the raw under-processed drum sounds that are pretty much tailor-made for OSDM, Doom, Black metal and the like.

My buddy Vik and I were working on an OSDM/Autopsy-inspired ep. which then expanded to a full length (9 tracks) a short while before my wife passed. Even had the cover-artwork done.... but since then it's been sort of stuck in limbo. We still have'nt done his vocal tracking/mixing etc...

But yeah, Ugritone drums were used all the way. Really great for that Bill ward/Chris Reifert kinda raw, 'caveman-like' sound that we were looking for. The midi sample packs are all amazing too . I Think this was all "Kvlt Drums II" (mix of doom metal, Osdm, Black metal midi packs). It's pretty much all "stock" . I did't mess w/ anything too much

....here's a little of my own experience working with Ugritone..

Work in progress...

And here's one I did using the Lombardo samples from their thrash metal midi pack..

​​​​​​​

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Oh ya...this was with Ugritone too (forgot what I used here though)

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Awesome! (my fave is the prog piece). Yeah, I remember I couldn't get kvult to work, but thought I'd give em another shot. Thanks for the heads up on the link - I'll post to youtube.

Comment

What is "Ugritone"?

Comment

Metal/Hardcore/Punk VST Plugins, Drum Samples, MIDI Packs and Virtual Instruments for Home-Studio producers. Audio software, Affordable Audio solutions, Music production tools, Creative music solutions

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            So I am to assume these are drum plugins for metal style music, right?

Comment

Man, Phantasmo, you got you're own thing....

Even when there aren't a lot of instruments, your tracks always sound "busy" -like a stream of consciousness or something.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

So I am to assume these are drum plugins for metal style music, right?
                Ya, extreme metal to begin with, but ey've moved on to midi packs for power metal/prog/NWBOHM etc now..

I like them because they sound a bit rawer/rougher around the edges than the usual EZ drummer type stuff (more real) & they're affordable

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  Man, Phantasmo, you got you're own thing....

Even when there aren't a lot of instruments, your tracks always sound "busy" -like a stream of consciousness or something.
                  Do they? Not sure if that was meant to be complimentary , but anyway here's the thing ..I just write what comes naturally to me & pleases my ears (ie. don't bother with what's "right" / "wrong" and how things "should" or " should'nt" be) ..maybe that's why I've got my own way

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Do they? Not sure if that was meant to be complimentary , but anyway here's the thing ..I just write what comes naturally to me & pleases my ears (ie. don't bother with what's "right" / "wrong" and how things "should" or " should'nt" be) ..maybe that's why I've got my own way
                    Yeah, I definitely didn't mean it as an insult. you're tracks sound like a stream of consciousness to me. Lively and busy
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                    X