WIP - 80s Synth and Guitar Solo tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP - 80s Synth and Guitar Solo tone

I think I found my favorite Kemper profile (a Cameron-modded JMP). I realized that I have both Dexed and a lot of Vital patches for synths, so I blended the 2 synths together for extra depth and added reverb to my lead guitar in post.

The reverb I used is a brainworx plugin.

I think it sounds pretty nice and I can get to recording the rest of the instruments later. I'm trying to get somewhat of an "idealized" 80s glam sound.

Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

That sounds f'n awesome!! Great playing as well. Where did you get that profile? I'd like to load that one up and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      That sounds f'n awesome!! Great playing as well. Where did you get that profile? I'd like to load that one up and check it out.
      Thanks! I'm using these https://petesprofiles.weebly.com/cam...merged-ii.html

Specifically the HG06 one. I only edited the delay added reverb in post
      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Thsts super sweet

Comment

Sounds like you've nailed it.
          The first two seconds before the guitar kicks in reminds me of St. Elmo's Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
            I think I found my favorite Kemper profile (a Cameron-modded JMP). I realized that I have both Dexed and a lot of Vital patches for synths, so I blended the 2 synths together for extra depth and added reverb to my lead guitar in post.

The reverb I used is a brainworx plugin.

I think it sounds pretty nice and I can get to recording the rest of the instruments later. I'm trying to get somewhat of an "idealized" 80s glam sound.

Damn, nailed it -sounds like Tom Cruise is about to bang.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Man you really nail it with these clips

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Comment

Man - that synth is rich sounding!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The synth and the solo both sound awesome!

Comment

Working...
                      X