Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Title Track

From the next album.

Last edited by LesStrat; 12-29-2022, 01:46 PM.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Great solo. It was perfect for the song. Nice vocals also.

Comment

Teknon Theou
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Beautiful song!

Care for a couple of suggestions or is that done?
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Question: What is the writing process? Just wondering.

Comment

IDK if that was a final mix, but the CDs are being pressed now.

writing varies. Most songs are 90% the drummer. 99% of the guitar riffs are his. I simply add my touch to them. I tend to suggest adjustments to arrangements based on vocal phrasing. Sometimes my contribution is significant. Sometimes not. I do modify Melodie’s and phrasing often from the original idea, so now he tends to give a framework for melody and let’s me do my thing.

For this song, he gave me lyrics and I wrote the music.

The lead just came out one night during practice. I decided I liked it. There is no other guitar in this song.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I have to say, I’M JOLLY APPROVED!

That is a landmark accomplishment!

There is a reprise to this song that I’ll post when I get it.

One chorus from this tune, 3 choruses unique to the reprise, then an extended outro. I’m curious if my influences will be evident to others.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I'd have punched up the lead in the mix a touch, and of course, added some more verb to the vocals. It seems you guys may just do drier vocals than I like.

Suggestion: Double the vocal track, set a big FLANGED reverb on it, and then mix in not-too-much. I found out this is actually the secret use of the Holy Grail Flerb setting. Not for guitars - vocals. Makes a very cool sound.

Cool on the reprise. Looking for ward to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I'd have punched up the lead in the mix a touch, and of course, added some more verb to the vocals. It seems you guys may just do drier vocals than I like.

Suggestion: Double the vocal track, set a big FLANGED reverb on it, and then mix in not-too-much. I found out this is actually the secret use of the Holy Grail Flerb setting. Not for guitars - vocals. Makes a very cool sound.

Cool on the reprise. Looking for ward to that!
                  Doesn't the flanged reverb make it a bit overly sybillant?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    Doesn't the flanged reverb make it a bit overly sybillant?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                    I see what you are saying - but not when the reverb is huge and mixed way down. It just kind of drifts in and out. Puts a little motion on it - but you can't tell where/why.

Comment

I liked the solo, nice phrasing!
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Good stuff Les! I agree with Ace, I would prefer a little more 'verb/depth to the vocal sound, but that's more a matter of taste.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                          I’m curious if my influences will be evident to others.
                          Kerry and Kansas for one.
                          Listening to this song and a couple more good stuff. Definitely get a Kansas vibe from them all.
                          Miss playing original stuff as has been a while. This was from the last studio project I was part of but that was over 10 years ago.
                          Last edited by Ascension; 12-20-2022, 05:09 PM.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

CDs were shipped last week. I guess I’ll find out if that was a final mix.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Link updated with CD track.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Working...
                              X