Smokin' Out The Window - Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' Out The Window - Bass

I started learning bass last year - really fun. Here's a fun song from Anderson Paak and Bruno Mars:
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Nice playing! Someone glued a couple extra knobs on your j-bass though. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

HotSexJ! Where ya been, man?
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Nice playing! Someone glued a couple extra knobs on your j-bass though. :P
        Thanks! It's a Sire Marcus Miller V7 - active pickups

From the top down:
        Knob 1: Inner = master volume, outer = passive mode master tone
        Knob 2: pickup blend pot (bridge, both, neck, anything in between)
        Knob 3: Active EQ - Highs
        Knob 4: Active EQ - Mids - Inner = boost/cut, Outer = Cutoff Hz (where the focus of the boost / cut is)
        Knob 5: Active EQ - Lows

Took me a while to figure out how to work it, but it's pretty great now that I have a handle on it!

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post

HotSexJ! Where ya been, man?
          Hey old friend!

I have been busy being a dad - oldest is 12 now, and there are 4 sons now (!)

Also been playing / learning bass. How are you? Here's another little clip

Comment

Bro! Long time no anything - and then you show up throwing down the J-tones on a Bruno Mars tune????

I too have been upping my Bass-balls Game. See BAceman in Bass room. Routinely play Bass on Jump and Runaway live.

By the way - that ensemble really blends well, the denim, the plan, and blue bass. Stylin'
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Bro! Long time no anything - and then you show up throwing down the J-tones on a Bruno Mars tune????

I too have been upping my Bass-balls Game. See BAceman in Bass room. Routinely play Bass on Jump and Runaway live.

By the way - that ensemble really blends well, the denim, the plan, and blue bass. Stylin'
              Hey! Great to see you.

Bass is so much fun - and so different! I bet playing bass on Jump is a riot.

And thank you, blue on blue is working for me!

Comment

Working...
              X