X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Dunco
    replied
    Originally posted by Seashore View Post

Hey hell yeah dude. Great news. Time to hone your legacy further!
    ​That’s the plan! I have a lot left to say.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Fantastic news! Congrats! Great news from the Dr really makes you feel on top of the world.
    Thankyou. Thanks everybody!

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Originally posted by El Dunco View Post
    Probably worth mentioning my CT came back clean. I don’t have the big C. I still need further tests but I have time on my side now. ‍

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Probably worth mentioning my CT came back clean. I don’t have the big C. I still need further tests but I have time on my side now. ‍
    Fantastic news! Congrats! Great news from the Dr really makes you feel on top of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Seashore
    replied
    Hey hell yeah dude. Great news. Time to hone your legacy further!

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Don't forget grunge influences. You can definitely hear some AIC in El Dunco's music. Cool stuff.

Good thread. You guys are great. There's some good talent on here. I really like Les's music (even though he always ignores me). It has cool 70s rock and mysto 70s metal vibes. Plus I'm Christian too and like his messages.

Phantz, we even like you too. You have cool style with your gore slop.

Lol at the back and forth about Phantz running over the thread as usual. Since you're calling out people for not posting, Phantz, here's the best representation of me: I've played different instruments and been in different bands. Mostly rock and jazz. I sucked bad at drums and vocals, I was ok at guitar and bass but had to quit cuz finger injury, and I seem to be the best at keys. I'm happy that I feel I have something to offer musically.

I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Beautiful piece!
    Thx!

Thanks for the great comment.
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Don't forget grunge influences. You can definitely hear some AIC in El Dunco's music. Cool stuff.

Good thread. You guys are great. There's some good talent on here. I really like Les's music (even though he always ignores me). It has cool 70s rock and mysto 70s metal vibes. Plus I'm Christian too and like his messages.

Lol at the back and forth about Phantz running over the thread as usual. Since you're calling out people for not posting, Phantz, here's the best representation of me: I've played different instruments and been in different bands. Mostly rock and jazz. I sucked bad at drums and vocals, I was ok at guitar and bass but had to quit cuz finger injury, and I seem to be the best at keys. I'm happy that I feel I have something to offer musically.

Beautiful piece! Thanks for the great comment. Les had this song a while back that really spoke to me called “From Lies to Light” IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Woohoo! Thx
    Last edited by Clint 55; 05-07-2024, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    See what a difference playing w/ feel makes? . Good job w/ that...sounds killer

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
    Sweet! You guy's remind me of bands like Kragens, Death Over Threat & maybe even a bit of Tourniquet. thrashy but w/ some other/kinda progressive elements thrown in..

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied
    Very cool, Les!

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Sweet...another shared legacy finally

I like the music. It's got an Asia/Boston sort of pomp rock/AOR vibe & the tunes are catchy & kinda epic sounding

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied
    5. Also from the 2nd album: I was supposed to be doing a lyrical rewrite for a rocking riff I had. We had developed this with the two singers we had to fire. The female singer wrote the lyrics, but I was never satisfied with them. Instead, this song came out. It demonstrates a pattern that’s kinda weird: most of the songs I wrote have little guitar. This one has one of my favorite riffs, though. It’s in the outro section before the “build”. This is the only song that I gave guidance for the drums. I usually leave that to the drummer.

Honorable mention: I think we do a better version of this song now, but the guitar part is an amusing story . I joined the band a few months before going into the studio for our 1st album. I had NO IDEA what I was going to play on this song. The drummer had written the keys and bass lines, but didn’t really have a guitar part. That’s strange because he is a riff master.

When they pressed record, the rhythm came out like this. I added the leads a few days later. This is NOT me on vocals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X