Some tunes by me and band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tunes by me and band

Here's the latest tune for my band's demo. I just did a rough mix last night and I'll need to tweak a few things... especially the level of the vocals. Let me know what you guys think of this one.

Turn This Movie Around (remixed 4/21/04)

Here's a few other tunes my band recently recorded. The last two songs are something I've been working on for guitar (they are still very rough).

Watch It

Feeling is Gone

It Doesn't Matter

Opprobrious Woman

Trading Places

Two tunes I'm working on...

Another idea for a song with a drum machine
    Last edited by Hawkman; 04-21-2004, 07:37 AM.
    (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Cool!! Nice Job man!! I like the first two songs the best. Good Job!

Comment

hey man..not my style but I can appreciate the musicianship! great quality writing/playing/recording for everyone involved..really dug the guitar tones..first song was my favorite..good lead/sound!

do that in a studio?
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Sort of Dark side of the moon in sound.....and something else
        Like it.

Comment

very good i like it especially the first one....keep up the good work

Comment

This stuff is aweseome, is that all you, or do you have a band going?

Man, after listening to them some more, I really can't get over how good they are. Most people here either post clips of awesome guitar playing or to share tone, but these are just such good melodic songs...
            Last edited by wasteofo2; 03-21-2004, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I recorded everything in a cold basement where my band jams. It's done on a Roland VS880 digital recorder (one of the more basic digital recorders out there). It's me on guitar (and bass on one tune), a bassist and new drummer and vocals by a guy who has been in my band for many years. The gutar tones come from a strat, les paul, or Gibson ES335, amplified through a Randal RM4 preamp with the blackface, plexi, sl+, and recto modules, into a VHT 2502 stereo power amp loaded with Mullard EL34's in one channel and RCA6L6's in the other channel, then into two Bogner 2x12's with Celestion V30's and Lead 80's. Mic'd with SM57, Audix D4, and a Marshall condenser mic (to pick up some of the room sound). Effects included Rotovibe, Rockman Stereo Chorus, JEverman Fuzz Drive, Chandler Echo, Roland Space Echo, MXR Blue face racked flanger. We're starting to work on some new stuff tonight. I'll post some more clips when we get em all finalized.
              (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Re: Some tunes by me and band

good work hawkman, i like the first and third song a lot!
                Schecter: Diamond Series S1 PLUS (invader in bridge)
                Squier: Bullet Special (lake placid blue, EMG81 in bridge)
                CRATE: V-Series 50 watts (VFX5112)
                Rogue: 50 watts (guitar amp)
                Jasmine: S34C NEX Cutaway

Comment

Here's another tune just mixed last night. Give a listen.

Comment

Very well done!!! Is that you singing too?
                    Lot's of music stuff here www.scottlernermusic.com

Comment

Wow, That First Song Kicks Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by scottl
                        Very well done!!! Is that you singing too?
                        LOL! My voice is as pleasing as scratching fingernails on a chalk board! Definately NOT my voice there. The singer has been jamming with me for about 8 years. He's a Buffalo police officer. Singing rock and roll feeds his alter ego.

Comment

I absolutely love your stuff !

The accoustic/clean style mixed with rock lead playing is something I like because it encompasses both vibes into the same song and it improves the overall dynamics. I think a song should have soft parts, tensions, and very energetic letouts. I think that you've done this very well in your music.

The accoustic guitar sound just blows me away. its so alive and its like a UNIVERSE OF SOUND

Do you seel cds?
                          Last edited by Frantic_Rock; 04-09-2004, 09:48 PM.
                          my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                          A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

what gear are you using? your tone is great

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkman
                              Thanks for the comments guys. I recorded everything in a cold basement where my band jams. It's done on a Roland VS880 digital recorder (one of the more basic digital recorders out there). It's me on guitar (and bass on one tune), a bassist and new drummer and vocals by a guy who has been in my band for many years. The gutar tones come from a strat, les paul, or Gibson ES335, amplified through a Randal RM4 preamp with the blackface, plexi, sl+, and recto modules, into a VHT 2502 stereo power amp loaded with Mullard EL34's in one channel and RCA6L6's in the other channel, then into two Bogner 2x12's with Celestion V30's and Lead 80's. Mic'd with SM57, Audix D4, and a Marshall condenser mic (to pick up some of the room sound). Effects included Rotovibe, Rockman Stereo Chorus, JEverman Fuzz Drive, Chandler Echo, Roland Space Echo, MXR Blue face racked flanger. We're starting to work on some new stuff tonight. I'll post some more clips when we get em all finalized.
                              This is the gear he's usin man !
                              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Working...
                              X