Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory - a melodic metal instrumental track

Hey folks,
    Got a new release in the solo project I've been actively working on in the last couple of months. It's a melodic metal track, and the most emotional one in the solo project to date.

Hope you'll enjoy listening to it, and let me know what you think

Re: In Memory - a melodic metal instrumental track

Cool metal song, solid playing, but when I am thinking Linkin Park, then smth more nu-metalish and modern comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
      Cool metal song, solid playing, but when I am thinking Linkin Park, then smth more nu-metalish and modern comes to mind.
      Thanks man. The track is a tribute I wrote in my style, which leans towards old school heavy metal and some prog.

Comment

I couldn't put my finger on it during the beginning of the song but as soon as the guitar fill started at 2:46 I realized I was getting me Ride the Lightning album vibes- either the guitar sound or vibrato or both.

Comment

That's a really cool track, I like it a lot.
          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Great solo man! Tons of nuance and feel.

Comment

Originally posted by ver View Post
              I couldn't put my finger on it during the beginning of the song but as soon as the guitar fill started at 2:46 I realized I was getting me Ride the Lightning album vibes- either the guitar sound or vibrato or both.
              Huh, that's interesting. Big fan of Ride The Lightning (and most of what Metallica did) but in the case of this track it wasn't a direct influence or one of the references I used for the sound.
              Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post
              That's a really cool track, I like it a lot.
              Thanks!
              Originally posted by dave74 View Post
              Great solo man! Tons of nuance and feel.
              Thanks Dave!

Comment

Great job! I really enjoyed it. As a guitar player and musician I
                critique tone, feel and to a certain extent, technicality. But as
                a fan of music in general, I just like to just sit back and listen to
                something interesting, thought provoking and just plain enjoyable.
                Your piece accomplished it all. Keep it up! Now I'm going to go
                listen to it again. Thanks.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
                  Great job! I really enjoyed it. As a guitar player and musician I
                  critique tone, feel and to a certain extent, technicality. But as
                  a fan of music in general, I just like to just sit back and listen to
                  something interesting, thought provoking and just plain enjoyable.
                  Your piece accomplished it all. Keep it up! Now I'm going to go
                  listen to it again. Thanks.

Peace,

Darrin
                  Thanks Darrin! I know exactly what you mean, glad you enjoyed the track.

Comment

Nice. You didn't go fast for the sake of going fast. It fit the spirit of the song.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      Nice. You didn't go fast for the sake of going fast. It fit the spirit of the song.
                      Thanks, that's something I'm always aiming for

Comment

Working...
                      X