Vocal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vocal Help

im trying to learn how to sing and take care of my vocal chords its almost impossible to find info on this online and i want a dirty and clean sound on my voice when i practice the dirty sound is particularly hard to do without straining and when i try to do it it is gone so its just clean i try all the things i think will help take vitamins drink lots of water stay away from caffeine

any tips or websites that can help me
    ur lack of tone is disturbing

PANIK CONTROL

Re: Vocal Help

If you have Comcast cable, there's a great vocal lesson on OnDemand.

Oh, excuse me...

Comment

unfortunately i have optimum are there any informational websites or tips u guys know
      even a forum specializing in vocals would help
      ur lack of tone is disturbing

PANIK CONTROL

Comment

Drink throat coat tea bought at GNC if your gonna be doing alot of screaming like Sepultura or Deftones. I play/sing songs from these bands as well as others and I find that if you bring the notes from your gut and keep constant pressure while delivering the note then your halfway there. With the gravel stuff it is always important to keep your vocal chords wet as much as possible so you dont get nodes or calouses on your throat. Breath deep before belting out the note and take breaths as often as you can so that every note is powerfull and has consistent volume. Dont waver in the performance of the note. Try singing along with scales either on your guitar or a piano. Make a tape of scales and sing to it in your car until you get every note on key. Try singing every not on your guitar to widen the spectrum of your voice. You most likeley wont hit the highest or the lowest notes but it pushes you to expand your range and keeps you in key.
        Then become famous and OD like every other great singer LOL.
        Last edited by KLINKDETROIT; 06-18-2005, 10:49 PM.
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
        www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

I have had quite a bit of voice training and have got to tell you that not everyone can sing "dirty". I can, but i have a good voice dont want to destroy my vocal chords, which can happen. That is not to say that you have to sound like a wimp, just dont try to do any death metal singing. Now if you want more of a Robert Plant style of vocal, be sure to push from your diaphram and not to strain yourself, also OPEN YOUR MOUTH and be articulate. Really though, a 20 year old probably wont need to do to much to keep there voice in shape. Take all the vitamins you want but screaming will always hurt your voice, the guys you hear on the radio had to scar up there voice pretty bad to sound like that for the most part. But everyones voice is different and has its limitations, push yourself but know your boundries.
          Last edited by Maximusgordon 2.0; 06-18-2005, 11:46 PM.
          EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Working...
          X