Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Fender content, modded

Just bought a used Mexican P

Instantly modded it with a Gotoh high mass bridge and SD Steve Harris pickups

Sounds great. Not heavy either

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: NGD - Fender content, modded

Beauty!

how do you like the bridge? Not sure if it's that model or the other one but I've heard complaints that even with the saddles as low as they can go they are still a bit high
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      Beauty!

how do you like the bridge? Not sure if it's that model or the other one but I've heard complaints that even with the saddles as low as they can go they are still a bit high
      This is a hair above "as low as it can go"

IMO it's low enough for me.

Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

nice score. how do you like the steve harris pups?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          nice score. how do you like the steve harris pups?
          I like that it's very clear, that it's a hotter pickup that still has dynamics and sweetness (like the PG in guitars), and the fact that it changes character when you dig in.

Comment

Great move on the bridge. I have Gotoh 201s on several basses and have never been disappointed. Good luck with it.
            '69 Fender Mustang bass
            '69 Gibson EB-1
            '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
            '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
            '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
            '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
            '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
            '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

Congrats! It probably kicks ass. It's nice when they end up light.

Got my eye on a '95 Japanese one, myself! It weighs 8.75 pounds, and feels so nice and light.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

It does kick ass! Tracking basslines has never been so easy.

It's so easy to play AND the tone is so good, I barely have to touch it in the DAW

Comment

Working...
                X