Triple Tracking Attempt- Crazy Train solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Tracking Attempt- Crazy Train solo

I decided to give triple tracking stereo tracks a try to practice both my playing and recording/mixing chops, so I picked one of my favorite multi-tracked tunes.

I triple tracked the riffs leading to the solo, the solo it self, and then I took one track for the (shortened) intro riff at the end. I would've triple tracked the rhythm guitar parts under the solo too, but that already came with the backing track.

The tracks were laid hard left and hard right dry, with a wet track in the center. The track being played in the video is the wet track in the center.

All tracks were recording using my Line 6 Helix (2204 amp model + Ownhammer GNR IRs)

Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: Triple Tracking Attempt- Crazy Train solo

Well done!

When you triple-track this tune (solo and rhythm), you can just *hear* that that's the way it was done in the studio for real.

Comment

Fu*k me. And you seriously wanna tell me that you were worried about the solo contest??? I rest my case (as made in my last posts on that thread)!!!

Comment

Sounds excellent, both tone and precision. You are losing it a little around 0:25 in the solo. The ending is just superb (you are doing some economy picking I see there!).

what strings do you use? They sound like 9s, also what's your setup? action?
        Last edited by greekdude; 02-23-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          Well done!

When you triple-track this tune (solo and rhythm), you can just *hear* that that's the way it was done in the studio for real.

Thanks. Yeah mixing all the tracks to fit with the backing track was a pain. Hats off to producers and engineers who get people to track 2-3 stereo tracks for guitars and chorus vocals and made the mix big instead of muddy.

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
          Fu*k me. And you seriously wanna tell me that you were worried about the solo contest??? I rest my case (as made in my last posts on that thread)!!!
          Well kinda. I've had years to practice this solo so it sounds deceptively good

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
          Sounds excellent, both tone and precision. You are losing it a little around 0:25 in the solo. The ending is just superb (you are doing some economy picking I see there!).

what strings do you use? They sound like 9s, also what's your setup? action?
          Thanks! Yeah, the legato up the neck is pretty rough. The neck is very chunky and that makes 22 fret bends and high fret playing quite hard in general, so much so that I have to rest my hands and thumb sometimes.

I'm using Curt Mangan nickel wound strings, 10-46. My action is quite low because I think the ABR bridge works better when set not too high, and that I subscribe to the philosophy that you shouldn't have to fight a Les Paul or a shred stick (which is why I'm using 10-46 instead of the 10-52s I prefer in Strats and Teles). It measures around 2.2mm low E and 2.1mm high E at the last fret with a nearly dead straight neck. I adjusted by feel so that the action is as low as it gets while I can still bend comfortably across the fretboard without slipping onto the adjacent string.
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Whoa, very cool!

Comment

Working...
            X