Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster

I know this has been out for some time now, but I dug into the specs when reading about the updated Ultras.

I can't say I have ever heard of Mr. Brewster, but he did spec out a pretty nice guitar. I would say this guitar is a better execution of a vintage strat with modern features.

Ash body with lacquer finish

“Soft V”-shaped neck; 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard; 22 medium-jumbo frets

One DiMarzio Area 61 single-coil Strat bridge pickup; two DiMarzio Area 58 single-coil Strat middle and neck pickups

Active preamp with mid-boost

Vintage-style locking tuning machines

The street price is up there in my opinion, but for the same cost as the Ultra, I would much rather have this.

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Re: Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster

Brewster is a shredder but from the Christian music world. I couldn’t learn one of his solos with a step-by-step instruction video. Kind of a cross between Eric Johnson, Lukather and Yngvie. Insane player, but very musical.

Guitar sounds like a loose cross between a Clapton+Beck+Johnson Strat or something. Very nice usable specs.

Comment

Switching options are kinda cool.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Boosting the bridge is useful, but why not just have a humbucker you can split?
        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
          Boosting the bridge is useful, but why not just have a humbucker you can split?
          I'd say that splitting a neck humbucker with the coil closest to the neck gets a very similar tone to a neck single coil . . . but splitting a bridge humbucker doesn't sound at all like a strat single coil to my ears. I think it's the angle the pickup is at.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Who?

Comment

I have to admit, I had no idea who he was, either.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'll be damned if he doesn't look just like that one Guitar Center employee that won't shut up about the time his band opened for Nirvana in the summer of '93 when you are just trying to get a pack of strings and don't want to be rude but really don't want to hear about how he chatted with Krist Novoselic after the show, and how his band definitely would have blown up if he didn't hurt his shoulder doing Pete Townsend style theatrics at that one show down in Anaheim.

Very talented guitar player.

Very unfortunate sense of style
                Originally posted by jcthejester13
                Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
                  I'll be damned if he doesn't look just like that one Guitar Center employee that won't shut up about the time...
                  He reminds me of the moment I felt just a *bit* too old to be hanging around Hot Topic.

Anaheim.
                  Wooo!
                  Last edited by Silence Kid; 11-25-2019, 06:53 PM.
                  Originally posted by King Buzzo
                  I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

ummm... might be a great guitar, but i cant watch that video. 40 something year old with that haircut playing in a church? no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      ummm... might be a great guitar, but i cant watch that video. 40 something year old with that haircut playing in a church? no thanks.
                      The more you watch it the more you notice. Does he wax his chest hair to get it looking all doughy, or did it all get ripped out by the zippers on his leather catsuit? His shirt collar looks like what happens when four year olds continually pull their shirt over their face to blow their nose into it. It's one thing when Fender sponsors you, but another when you have to take an endorsement deal from jowls and male pattern baldness.
                      Originally posted by King Buzzo
                      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Oh my god he doesn't even use an amp!

"Brewster also achieves his live tone solely from a Line 6 POD HD500 unit. He occasionally uses a provided amp for stage noise only and goes direct to the PA system with the floor POD" -Source because I probably wouldn't believe it if I didn't just read it on his website
                        http://www.lincolnbrewster.com/extras.php

He doesn't even use a fancy modeling program he just uses a freakin' POD.

I can't believe there is something about this Mr. Brewster that is even lamer than what is contained in that video.
                        Genuinely in awe of this chap, he is either the most confident man in the world, or the least self aware. Honestly neither one would surprise me at this point.
                        Whichever it is, I am fascinated.

EDIT: I realize that I have spent this whole thread ripping on the dude. But that Strat is undeniably awesome. The one thing this guy gets right is his guitar.
                        Last edited by oilpit; 11-27-2019, 09:10 PM.
                        Originally posted by jcthejester13
                        Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          I thought the same thing. It is everything I hate about guitar.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Played a couple of those guitars they are nice. Lot of really usable tones but the guitar itself IMO is not up to the price point in quality. Slightly above the price point of my 2017 neck through Kiesel and not on the same planet in build quality. For 2K and a bolt on guitar I expect some thing really special and to me those just didn't cut it for the $. A real shame as it sounded great but didn't feel any better as an instrument than my MIM Strat did. I really wanted to like the guitar and could with about $800 out of the price but would spend a little more for a Suhr or Anderson to get that quality.
                            On Brewster himself as a player the dude is a freekin MONSTER! Have to cover his worship material often and the dude can flat RIP!|
                            Last edited by Ascension; 11-27-2019, 10:56 PM.
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

PS this was the first time I ever heard of Lincoln Brewster when he was recording and touring with Steve Perry.
                              Last edited by Ascension; 11-27-2019, 11:55 PM.
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X