Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    You know as well as I do that Vivian Campbell is what I'm waiting for!!! LOL!!!

But I MUST reiterate something: this is going to sound odd with improvised solos. Please trust me on this one.
    Yep - I stated previously that I could do either (improvised) or (cover) solo style. Covers is fine.

Comment

Fixed first post in thread

Comment

I got the intro solo covered better than before, including Goldy. Next is Lynch's first solo and then the 2nd part (starting immediately after malmsteen's 2nd and last solo) Lynch + Cavazo + Goldy just before the final LLL solo kicks in. Working on this.

Comment

...So NOW which version do I sing over?
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
            ...So NOW which version do I sing over?
            this : https://soundcloud.com/user-29051371...e-solos-tracks

should be fine, ingore the initial keyboards during the inital clean part, while singing "who cares for the children, I do", this keyboards part should not exist in the real final version, it is wrong anyway. Or you could do the vocal intro "who cares for the children, I do" later. Another option : I send you just the clean guitar arpeggio and you sing over this, and then Dale puts it in the mix. Tell me what you prefer.

Comment

I'd always use the latest version uploaded on the thread for vocals. This being said: I think it's been agreed (tacitly anyway) that everyone is happy with the basic backing track that really only contains that bass and drums. So that's not going to change i.e. the length and arrangement will not change.

Comment

my latest solos + from scratch updates from the previous upload :
                intro solo stopping after Ojeda's solo , plus the two yngwie solos : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...yngwie-session
                Lynch, Goldy, Cavazo and some random generic whammy bar : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...cavazo-session

so ladys and DJENT-elmen that's all from me.
                Last edited by greekdude; 03-02-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Very nice.

But not so fast to dissapear!!!

Just to be clear:

When you say "intro. solo" are you referring to the actual acoustic guitar intro. solo or something else??? Because neither of those new files include the acoustic guitar intro. solo. Am I to be using the acoustic guitar intro. solo from you that I've been using all along (which is fine i.e. it's good but I'm just getting confused is all)???

Will combine all of the tracks tomorrow sometime and see what's happening.

Comment

I'll get my rhythms up over the weekend in .wav format.

I was also thinking about Iron Maiden's contribution (the harmonized lines during the choruses).

I'd be willing to do both guitarists' pieces, but if someone wanted to team up with me that'd work too.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
                      Very nice.

But not so fast to dissapear!!!

Just to be clear:

When you say "intro. solo" are you referring to the actual acoustic guitar intro. solo or something else??? Because neither of those new files include the acoustic guitar intro. solo. Am I to be using the acoustic guitar intro. solo from you that I've been using all along (which is fine i.e. it's good but I'm just getting confused is all)???

Will combine all of the tracks tomorrow sometime and see what's happening.
                      The acoustic clean part is the same, no changes there, so pls use the one I posted previously : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...are-stars-midi
                      Also all the above are for testing, review purposes. If we accept the various parts, then I'll send the full wav files.

So in total we have 4 tracks from me :
                      - the clean part
                      - the rhythm part
                      - solo track 1 (start of solo + yngwie)
                      - solo track 2 (lynch/goldy/cavazo)

When you tell me, I'll post all of them as wav.
                      Last edited by greekdude; 03-02-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Hi.

OK. Great. Got it. Will download all during the course of the day and stitch together and upload the result and see where we're at.

Thanks for the hard work though. Really great stuff (I listened quickly last night on SoundCloud but it was too late to start analyzing and mixing and whatever else).

Comment

So when I tell you that something doesn't sound right or it's not tight enough or it needs to be redone then reflect on this (just posted by someone over at the unofficial Marshall forums):

Irrelevant but for the sake of interest that's a Marshall CODE100H that they're using.

Busy with the files now...

Comment

Yo.

Apologies for the delay (just got some other personal issues right now that are taking up a bit of time).

Here's the latest audio (below). Once again: not mixed i.e. only some very basic track level matching done really. Once again: rhythm guitars panned 50% left/50% right. And greekdude's solos panned 75% left/75% right just for some variation. That's about it.

I would be asking for the .WAV files but I don't see the point of huge downloads at this stage i.e. we still need some vocals, more solos, more participants, you get the picture.

Comment

Yep need a few more days myself.

Comment

Thank you so much. The result so far is perfect. It can only get even better as more people send their tracks. Dale I hope everything runs fine with your issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X