This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Trader Alert

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with dir-en-grey44. His justification sounds a bit scammy, but even if he was telling the truth, he could have handled it differently, especially for a forum "bro".

Just so people know, his eBay username is: dir-en-grey044

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with dir-en-grey44. His justification sounds a bit scammy, but even if he was telling the truth, he could have handled it differently, especially for a forum "bro".

Just so people know, his eBay username is: dir-en-grey044
      Where did you see his name as dir-en-grey044? When I was dealing with him his name didn't have the "0" in it. It was just dir-en-grey44

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
        Paid dir-en-grey44 for an EMG 60 on 1/7/15 and after 3 weeks I finally get the PM that the item was confirmed from the post office as LOST. (How exactly does a non-traceable package get confirmed it was lost? This kind of a lie is sort of an admission there that item was never sent) I was getting weird vibes initially as he posted a disclaimer saying if paying with paypal gift (to get reduced shipping $$) there is no tracking info to guarantee item will arrive. (basically a fool proof way of scamming money from people and leaving them with no recourse since sending paypal "gift")

Adding to this that he's from Canada and I'm in the US, that should have kept me away but I saw he completed a transaction with SD member Dominus that I also dealt with years ago, so I felt unless he is a real prick that is going to rip me off, I should be ok. Well I should have listened to that little voice trying to warn me.

His last PM from today 1/31/15: Package has been lost, I filed for a package lost claim but I would only be getting 5 bucks back cause it was valued at 5 when I sent it to avoid COD for you. I am very sorry for the trouble man. I would refund you but you were the one who choose the cheapest shipping method. I could refund you whatever insurance I get back though.

I said it 10 years ago on page one of the bad traders list when I got ripped off from that scumbag guy dalastecaffeine (who someone mentioned that he was going to off himself,maybe due to his own guilt or shame from ripping people off???) that I should think twice before trusting people under a certain age. Now 10 years later getting scammed by another "kid" I feel like I was correct for having these reservations for dealing with people this young without them proving themselves as responsible.

I have probably had around 100 deals on this forum in the last 10 years or more and like the last time I got scammed, I had a funny feeling that something was not right and just like this time the same feeling. Both times it was what looks like teeny kids as their avatar so... Getting scammed out of $44 sucks, but I hope karma kicks their ass as it's not good to rip people off unless their career is a life of crime.

This Canadian EMO-kid avatar should have made me wary of dealing with anyone like this from the get go

Consider this a heads up for anyone considering dealing with this guy who only has 18 posts here. As for me I will never deal with him again and will warn people about this guy's shady tactics.
        Did not notice this until now, I told you I did everything I could to find the package and that I was sorry, I am not a scammer and have sold many guitar pickups and parts on this forum, fb trading groups, ebay and reverb and be gladly to tell you my user names for them all. I told you if you payed a little extra the package would have came with a tracking number, you were the one who chose the cheap way paypal gifting and choose the lowest shipping method. I did my part of packing it well and taking it to the P.O to ship it to you and insuring it only for 5 so you would not have to deal with a C.O.D and not to mention the 2-4 weeks I spent trying to track the package down after it did not show up. I am very sorry again and just for the record im not a teenager and that I have 3 kids and work hard and long hours to support them the best that I can. My user name is dir-en-grey044 on ebay and on andy sneaps forum.
        Last edited by dir-en-grey44; 04-01-2015, 06:53 PM.
        Using Tapatalk

Comment

So you insured the pickup for $5, and you claim it goes lost but then you don't even bother to even refund me the $5 you insured it for in your BS story? Hell, after this fiasco I'd like to get at least the $5 back if you're not going to refund me the full amount. Strange you never even offered what I should still be entitled to by your own words.

You claim you did all this research to find out where the package was, what did you actually do? I've never seen any receipts you ever sent the package. That would be a start.

The way the pickup just coincidentally "got lost in the mail" had everything to do with me paying you paypal gift. The shady way you worded it in your ad and even now, it makes it sound like if you find someone to send you paypal gift, it's fair game to screw the buyer by not sending them whatever item you're selling but keeping their money (Paypal gift) and just use your lame excuse.

I remember when I first saw your ad I had a feeling in my gut you were going to screw me if I used paypal gift and lesson learned. It's just too bad because I have had hundreds of transactions as both a buyer and seller using paypal gift on this forum and several others and only once before did someone try to scam me out of money (the same excuse you used "got lost in the mail") but there was proof the scammer tried to sell the exact item on a different forum after he claimed it was lost in the mail so I busted him and I did get my money back and he was permanently banned from that forum.

So how soon shall I expect the $5 you had the pickup insured for?

Comment

• Bad Trader Alert

Here's your proof, I always keep these in case of stuff like this. It was shipped to you on the January 8 as for the 5 I asked if you wanted it but you never replied so that's your own damn fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp
            Last edited by dir-en-grey44; 04-12-2015, 08:35 PM.
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

That's proof? Are you kidding me? That's as vague as you can get. There's no indication WHERE that package was sent. Even if I send something regular first class mail it will say the city and state the item is shipped to with the zip code printed on the receipt.

Another problem with your "proof" of this receipt is it shows it was paid for and shipped on the 5th of January which was 2 days before I even PM'ed you about the pickup at all. This is getting pretty comical with your BS man.

Actually here is another lie of yours regarding you asking me if I wanted the receipt. You told me you would send it, not asking if I wanted it. Of course any buyer will want it. Here is your exact wording in the PM you sent me:

" 01-07-2015 04:48 PM Report Post

Alright I'll have it shipped out tomorrow with a reciet of proof.
              Did you want those pots, wires and jack that I took out of my guitar too? "

Besides your illiterate spelling (It's spelled receipt not reciet) you never bothered to send me proof of receipt like you stated you would. So much for your honesty or integrity. You're digging yourself a bigger hole man, just admit you ripped me off, it's more than obvious now.

Comment

Offered Inferno cash on a couple of EMG pups and never heard from him again. What is the deal with people?
                Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksontrader View Post
                  Offered Inferno cash on a couple of EMG pups and never heard from him again. What is the deal with people?
                  Not quite sure that counts as a bad trade if he never took your money.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk
                  Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                    Not quite sure that counts as a bad trade if he never took your money.

I PM offered to buy, he sent me his Paypal address and I told him that I didn't have Paypal. That I could send him cash. I never heard from him again. I don't think I would categorized him as good.
                    Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksontrader View Post
                      I PM offered to buy, he sent me his Paypal address and I told him that I didn't have Paypal. That I could send him cash. I never heard from him again. I don't think I would categorized him as good.
                      He chose not to accept your offer. Some people do so in a reply and some do not. Failure to reply to an offer does not constitute a bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
                        He chose not to accept your offer. Some people do so in a reply and some do not. Failure to reply to an offer does not constitute a bad trade.
                        Agree. It's not polite, but I wouldn't call it a bad trade.

Nope...

Comment

jacksontrader, I apologize for not getting back to you. I am only willing to do deals via paypal for my own protection, as well as that of the buyer. The reason you haven't heard back from me is because I recently moved from Detroit to Charlotte. Thanks for understanding.
                          Guitars:
                          Agile AL 3000 (Custom/59 hybrid, stock neck)
                          Agile LP 2000 (A2Pro Set)
                          Fender JV Strat (Texas Hot bridge, Surfer N+M)

Amps:
                          5150, Bogner Shiva, JTM 45 Clone, Vox AD15VT

Cab: Avatar 4x12

Comment

I have to report a sale gone wrong. This concerns a Telecaster neck I bought from Dominus. The neck turned out to be defective, and after sending the neck back, I have not been able to contact him or recover any money from him. Here’s the timeline:

2/25/2016 – Dominus places a thread in the Trading Posts advertising some Strat and Tele necks for sale. You can see the thread here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-Fretboards%29

3/6/2016 – I agree to buy a Telecaster neck from Dominus, and pay via PayPal on 3/7/2016.

3/7/2016 – I receive shipping information from Dominus.

3/10/2016 – I receive the neck in the mail. I give it a quick look-over for any shipping damage, and then return it to the box. I let Dominus know I’ve received the package.

3/26/2016 – I begin the installation process of the neck, and after a closer inspection of the neck, I notice that the fret slots are out of alignment. I have my local trusted tech/luthier examine the neck, and he confirms that the frets slots are indeed out of alignment (and the nut is damaged) and that the neck is unusable. I contact Dominus via PM on the SGUGF and tell him what I’ve found, and send pictures detailing the issue.

3/27/2016 – I receive a reply from Dominus, saying “Wow, I'm going to have to check the rest of them, I'll let you know. Might take me a little bit, I've got a problem with depth perception so they could look fine to me, I'll have my assistant over later this week to help me.” I request a refund or a replacement neck that does not have this problem.

4/1/2016 – I send a PM to Dominus asking about the status of the other necks, he and his assistant at work have not had time to look them over – I’m told it will be a few more days.

4/5/2016 – I send a PM asking Dominus if he has an update.

4/7/2016 – I receive the following reply: “She hasn't come by yet. (Yes, I'm starting to get a little annoyed.) She has another job where she was working in the evenings earlier this week, then took today off for her birthday, tomorrow is prom, she has plans this weekend...”

4/14/2016 – Via PM, I request a full refund from Dominus and request his permission to send the neck back. It’s been a little under two weeks since I discovered the issue and nothing has really happened aside from PMs going back and forth.

4/16/2016 – I receive the following message from Dominus: “Hey, go ahead and send it back, I should have had you do that anyway, as you couldn't use it. Just wasn't thinking clearly, been really stressed lately. What I can probably do is see how that one is off and compare it to a completely different neck by lining them up on top of each other and then see if the other necks in that batch are the same.”

Sometime between 4/23 and 4/27, I ship the neck back to the return address. I had gotten sick and hadn’t sent the package out sooner, but at any rate I do not hear from Dominus confirming the receipt of the package. Tracking information says it did arrive, so I PM him to inquire about the status…

5/1/2016 – Dominus confirms via PM on the SDUGF that he had received the package containing the Telecaster guitar neck. He says: “Hey, got it in, just haven't had a chance to open it, been super busy with family and business stuff. Today's the first time I got a chance to get on here and let you know.”

5/5/2016 - I requested, via PM, a complete refund for the $60.00 I paid for the neck.

***His last recorded Forum Activity took place on 5/7/2016, according to the member registry. I have not received any form of response from him since then.

5/16/2016 – I look up his personal email in the forum registry and send him an email, among other things, identifying myself and requesting a refund. I gave him until the evening of 5/19/2016 to take action before I went public with the matter and requested a refund via PayPal of the original transaction.

I don’t know whether his lack of communication since 5/5/16 has been the result of a family event, personal illness, some sort of other issue, but we’re only talking about $60 here. How hard would it have been to just refund the money when the product arrived back? Or just send me a message or let me know somehow that there’d been delays? I hope he’s OK… either way I’m highly annoyed. Almost two months has gone by since I first reported the issue.

I’m also surprised this happened with Dominus, who’s been on here a long time and whom I thought had a fairly good reputation.

In the meantime I’m out $60 plus return shipping on a bum Tele neck. You get what you pay for I guess. Next time I’ll just go with Warmoth.
                            Last edited by B2D; 06-08-2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Man,I always considered Dominus to always be one of the coolest guys on the board. Thats crazy.
                              Dominus, ya better come through bub, or your name is mud around here anymore.
                              Last edited by MetalManiac; 05-19-2016, 09:22 PM.
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

There is probably a good reason. Though indeed, the ball is in his court.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X